Old 12-20-2005, 05:15 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenCoombe
On the same subject you just have to look at this item on eBay. Check out the vehicle description..... unbelievable.
Hukt on Fonix wurked four him...

Old 12-20-2005, 05:34 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
chicagoland , north of cheddar curtain
i am a gradurate of the evilyn woddhed sped redin corse....

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 05:45 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
that was wonderful

JimmyJames,

How did you write that? I am awestruck. The only time I heard language like that was watching an old Tammy movie. I love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJames
Don't that just crack yer yaller? It don't make me no never mind nohow, I mean to say isÖ.it aint really worth a hoot and a holler!

Then I says to myself, you dasn't do it ! cause a one o them folks is gonna havta open up a can a' whoopass on ya if ya speak out a line, then ya know youíd be in the house with the dogs.

I figured the spellin mostly is pert neer, but not plumb most of the time but ever so often one a them nasty critters ill, slip out.

I know im all whopper jawed, but ya' bought y'self a five gallon bucket a woopass. You know there gonna say ya fell off'n the tater wagon. My kin say I donít have brains God gave a bullfrog but between you me and fence post, I never gave em no mind.

Don't ever say what you wouldn't do, because you will do everything you said you wouldn't do and a thousand things you never thought of doing. But remember donít be briggity, folk donít like it when yaís briggity. Just go easy and be obliging, like me cause I donít have a dog in that fight, just kinda makin small talk bout livin and fixin up that there trailer.

I do declare, there ainít nothin more I like to do then fix that trailer.

If wishes were horses beggars would ride and If airstreams was words, there'd be a lota restoratin to do.

Cheers

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM   #32
Rivet Master

For the record........................

Albert Einstein, Elvis Presley, Mickey Mantle, Martin Luther King,
Lady Diana, John Lennon, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford, Winston Churchill,
John the Babtist, Abe Lincoln, and Mother Teresa were all poor spellers.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:03 PM   #33
Rivet Master

Wow....Gosh

I just realized .........all those people are dead.....maybe spelling errors are fatal
Old 12-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #34
Out in left field......

1973 27' Overlander
Solidarite , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
JimmyJames,

How did you write that? I am awestruck. The only time I heard language like that was watching an old Tammy movie. I love it!!!
Carol, obviously your errostream never made it past the Mason-Dixon line ! Folks 'round these parts tawk jus like 'at, least-wise heah in Jawga.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:33 PM   #35
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan
Carol, obviously your errostream never made it past the Mason-Dixon line ! Folks 'round these parts tawk jus like 'at, least-wise heah in Jawga.
And NC, and VA, and Alabamy, and....

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Yelm , Washington
Carol: Did you notice, my on screen name is Jimmy James ? My sisters name is Patti-Jo ! I was raised by a bunch of hillbillies. My relatives are from Georgia.

I was fed blackeyed peas, grits, fried green tomatoes, ham hock and okra till I was old enough to know better.

All my folk is from Georgee so I has an advantage.

I was not kidding when I referred to not having brains God gave a bullfrog.

I heard that alot growing up.... and I believe its true.

In light of that, I guess its a dubious compliment but I also minored in literature in college and have accomplished some things in creative writing.

Also, I own an airstream (the reason why we are here) so like the guy who got smart staying in a Holiday Inn last night, I slip into a state of trancendance when I come on this site.

I can't help it, I love reading this stuff, it inspires me.

Im not bad, just a little squirrly and if you promise not to tell anybody, I can't spell worth a damn.

-Jim Phillips
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:57 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
well...

I've only been to Flordia twice and a direct route each time,
(where practically everyone I camped near was from Michigan- lol) there was one time I stopped in Georgia for gas and I have to admit I did not understand a word that person said but I know he was talking about the Airstream. So I smiled and mumbled.

I did notice the campers next to me said, "Well I'll be John Brown." and were from Georgia.

To me the South had always been Southern Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #38
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jimmy James

I love your names and I think I would love to listen to you speak. But not so sure about the food? What makes Northerners so plain and dry and uptight? Must be the cold weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJames
Carol: Did you notice, my on screen name is Jimmy James ? My sisters name is Patti-Jo ! I was raised by a bunch of hillbillies. My relatives are from Georgia.

I was fed blackeyed peas, grits, fried green tomatoes, ham hock and okra till I was old enough to know better.

All my folk is from Georgee so I has an advantage.

I was not kidding when I referred to not having brains God gave a bullfrog.

I heard that alot growing up.... and I believe its true.

In light of that, I guess its a dubious compliment but I also minored in literature in college and have accomplished some things in creative writing.

Also, I own an airstream (the reason why we are here) so like the guy who got smart staying in a Holiday Inn last night, I slip into a state of trancendance when I come on this site.

I can't help it, I love reading this stuff, it inspires me.

Im not bad, just a little squirrly and if you promise not to tell anybody, I can't spell worth a damn.

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 07:27 PM   #39
2 Rivet Member

1974 25' Tradewind
Yelm , Washington
Thumbs up

Jim and Susan apparantly are from Georgia, but my accent is perty much disolved. If you talked with me you might notice a little. My parents still talk thick southern. The one thing about the area I came from are the people. There are bad people everywhere but people in Savannah Georgia are really cool. Some of my favorite foods are still southern dishes. In college I wanted to know why people in the south were so polite when compared to other areas. I learned that there was a time in the South when, if you were not polite and were not a member of the gentry, it could cost you-dearly. I guess it stuck. Nice place to be from. Maybe I will be able to take my Tradewind there some day soon, I have about half way to go...lots of "restoratin" to do. I appreciate this site and all the nice people willing to help.

-Jim Phillips
JimmyJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:11 PM   #40
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandolindave
John the Babtist...
when will it end???? WHEN WILL IT END????!!!!
Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Southern hospitality

I noticed as I go South things slow down, people speak more to you and more familiarly. Now we went to Texas in January and we were the only campers at Cap Rock Canyonlands, I think the name was. They had had huge washouts and the road was closed. The ranger showed up at our site one evening just before sunset and offered to take us through and show us the sights where we could not have gone. We got a personal driven tour with the most interesting facts and stories, and caught the light for sunset pictures. When we finally left, the entire staff at the station came out to see our dog Baron and bid us good-bye. As we drove away, and this is the truth, they waved to us and told us to come back again. That does not happen here.

I have heard wonderful things about Savannah how beautiful it is. I hope someday to sit on a white painted porch and have mint julips, whatever they are...

I think Florida should be a country all to it's own. I never met anyone from Florida in Florida. (ok slight exaggeration.) I did love the panhandle the most. Stayed one year at Alligator Point and the other at Panama City Beach after leaving Fort Meyer and Fort Lauderdale. But there were gaiters! Now that's just scarey!! I was taking a picture down by the water before I even knew I was being "watched." http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/image/27315017/medium

And Summer Kid sorry to chitchat up your thread. How's my spelling? I'm not a good one either.

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #42
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Carol,
Nice picture of the 'gator! I have a couple of what has to be the all time Florida record. It was taken down near Jacksonville, FL. Big old bull 'gator, he was close to 20' long I was born in the south...southern CA but have spent most of my life in what is considered the Deep South. Savanna is a beautiful place as are Charleston, Mobile, Beaufort and other old Southern Cities. The South is all about families and who yours is and where you come from. It is defintely different up nawth.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote