Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-20-2005, 08:14 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Southern hospitality

I noticed as I go South things slow down, people speak more to you and more familiarly. Now we went to Texas in January and we were the only campers at Cap Rock Canyonlands, I think the name was. They had had huge washouts and the road was closed. The ranger showed up at our site one evening just before sunset and offered to take us through and show us the sights where we could not have gone. We got a personal driven tour with the most interesting facts and stories, and caught the light for sunset pictures. When we finally left, the entire staff at the station came out to see our dog Baron and bid us good-bye. As we drove away, and this is the truth, they waved to us and told us to come back again. That does not happen here.

I have heard wonderful things about Savannah how beautiful it is. I hope someday to sit on a white painted porch and have mint julips, whatever they are...

I think Florida should be a country all to it's own. I never met anyone from Florida in Florida. (ok slight exaggeration.) I did love the panhandle the most. Stayed one year at Alligator Point and the other at Panama City Beach after leaving Fort Meyer and Fort Lauderdale. But there were gaiters! Now that's just scarey!! I was taking a picture down by the water before I even knew I was being "watched." http://www.pbase.com/baidinc/image/27315017/medium

And Summer Kid sorry to chitchat up your thread. How's my spelling? I'm not a good one either.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #42
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Carol,
Nice picture of the 'gator! I have a couple of what has to be the all time Florida record. It was taken down near Jacksonville, FL. Big old bull 'gator, he was close to 20' long I was born in the south...southern CA but have spent most of my life in what is considered the Deep South. Savanna is a beautiful place as are Charleston, Mobile, Beaufort and other old Southern Cities. The South is all about families and who yours is and where you come from. It is defintely different up nawth.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:36 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Originally Posted by mandolindave John the Babtist...
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
when will it end???? WHEN WILL IT END????!!!!
Not until after the "Life of Riley" Fan Club (LORFC) disbands or approves a new name for members of its most active intraclub. Mandolindave obviously was referring to John the Founder of the "Babs" LORFC intraclub, dedicated to preserving and promoting the memory of the daughter on the show, "Babs". In honor of her role, the intraclub members call themselves "Babtists". The intraclub members devoted to William Bendix monkishly call themselves the "Benedixtines". Get used to it or push harder for an intraclub name change!
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 09:22 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Fred and Wahoonc

Fred, You are just too witty!! I enjoyed your virtual caravanning too. Don't tell anyone, but at the beginning I didn't know it was a joke.

Wahoonc, they get THAT big! Glad I didn't know that. I was just pulled over on that Alligator Alley through the Everglades that goes from East to West not thinking there were any there if they weren't all lying out in the sun like the zoo ones. Could I have been lunch? Me, I'm from Chicaaga, catch the Chicago "A" accent? Family, I think mine is Heinz.

photography
Old 12-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #45
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid
when will it end???? WHEN WILL IT END????!!!!
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

May you camp where wind won’t hit you, where snakes won’t bite and bears won’t git you.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 AM   #46
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I have heard wonderful things about Savannah how beautiful it is. I hope someday to sit on a white painted porch and have mint julips, whatever they are...
Mint Julep Recipe

In a bowl, place several fresh mint sprigs, 1 tsp. of sugar and 1/4 ounce of water. Crush the leaves with a spoon and stir all well. Fill a chilled tumbler with crushed ice, fill with Bourbon, and top with strained mixture. Or place a bit of the mixture into the chilled glass. Add a layer of crushed ice. Continue at least one more time, topping with ice. Pour Bourbon on top. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #47
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Ooo-e

Now taht jsut has to be splet wonrg! Ewe-ie?

But tehn, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tiths is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wloe.

Tahnks for the rcepie. That sonuds like it wulod pcak a wllhaop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Mint Julep Recipe

In a bowl, place several fresh mint sprigs, 1 tsp. of sugar and 1/4 ounce of water. Crush the leaves with a spoon and stir all well. Fill a chilled tumbler with crushed ice, fill with Bourbon, and top with strained mixture. Or place a bit of the mixture into the chilled glass. Add a layer of crushed ice. Continue at least one more time, topping with ice. Pour Bourbon on top. Garnish with fresh mint sprigs.

photography
Old 12-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #48
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Quote:
I never met anyone from Florida in Florida.
Native Floridians DO exist. Some are still fighting the Civil War. Most have gotten over it.

Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #49
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Tahnks for the rcepie. That sonuds like it wulod pcak a wllhaop!
Uhh..., you're welcome, if that's what you said. I am glad you liked it enough to try it.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 PM   #50
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
I never met anyone from Florida in Florida.
Technically, I am from Florida, I was just born somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #51
_

. , .
gator meet yummie.......

tayst like cheeeeeeeekin'

cheers
2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:59 PM   #52
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
and so

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
gator meet yummie.......

tayst like cheeeeeeeekin'

cheers
2air'
So does rabbit.

I guess what I should have said was that when I was there I was there with all the other snow birds.

photography
Old 12-22-2005, 09:25 PM   #53
_

. , .
Quote:
So does rabbit.
now that's not funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote