Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Photo bucket has really screwed up forum posts.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #22
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
My PB account is still working. I sure wish I could post pics on this forum. It's still the only forum I visit that has banned PB linked pics. Just this morning I wanted to post a pic in AS sightings. Couldn't do it. I wish airforums would reconsider the ban.

I did the attach image through the forum. (In AS sightings)
Worked well.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #23
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
My PB account is still working. I sure wish I could post pics on this forum. It's still the only forum I visit that has banned PB linked pics. Just this morning I wanted to post a pic in AS sightings. Couldn't do it. I wish airforums would reconsider the ban.
There is a saying that goes: "screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." I don't think the forums will give PeeBucket the opportunity to do it again. I could be wrong, but...

And, if course, what happens if the forum does re-allow them, and next week, your account won't post here any more? You are not allowed to edit your post to fix the problem, or submit a different link.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #24
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
There is a saying that goes: "screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." I don't think the forums will give PeeBucket the opportunity to do it again. I could be wrong, but...

And, if course, what happens if the forum does re-allow them, and next week, your account won't post here any more? You are not allowed to edit your post to fix the problem, or submit a different link.
Just curious, are you a forum owner, or moderator? Obviously you have feelings about PB, and not allowing their picture links. Other forums are still allowing links.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #25
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
I gave up on Photobucket a few years ago when the site got overloaded with graphics and pop ups that would slow things down to a crawl, and I had issues with my PC that I suspect was malware picked up on their site. Who needs them when there are much better options now?
ITSNO60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
I am a supporting member and have the stickers on my hangar AIR compressor outlets to prove it. Couple years worth.

(Don't understand why my avatar doesn't reflect that, however. Or, at least I was. Perhaps I've expired and didn't notice? anyway... the same situation occurred when I did see the supporting member note.)
Thanks for supporting the board - your account display has been fixed

Quote:
Just curious, are you a forum owner, or moderator? Obviously you have feelings about PB, and not allowing their picture links. Other forums are still allowing links.
Overlander63 is one of the earliest forum members and was a long time and awesome moderator; he's contributed a vast wealth of info and donated 100's of hours to helping out the community. We are grateful.

When PB first made account changes forum posts that contained valuable images for restorations lost their usefulness. Posts were littered with ransom notes and vintage owners who posted those images to help others were left with little recourse other than to tediously download the PB images and reload them to posts here. It's a sore spot.

AIR forums has been a huge asset to the Airstream community and those images were part of the knowledge set. Many depicted tough repairs on rare trailers.

There are lots of great images hosting options out there still and we while we encourage folks to load images with posts here understand that they may choose other options. One of the reason we have a moratorium on PB images is that users there often don;t realize that images can't be embedded in forum posts and so they continue to use PD in that manner. The images appear to be fine to them; just not everyone else.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #27
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Overlander63 is one of the earliest forum members and was a long time and awesome moderator; he's contributed a vast wealth of info and donated 100's of hours to helping out the community. We are grateful.

When PB first made account changes forum posts that contained valuable images for restorations lost their usefulness. Posts were littered with ransom notes and vintage owners who posted those images to help others were left with little recourse other than to tediously download the PB images and reload them to posts here. It's a sore spot.

AIR forums has been a huge asset to the Airstream community and those images were part of the knowledge set. Many depicted tough repairs on rare trailers.

There are lots of great images hosting options out there still and we while we encourage folks to load images with posts here understand that they may choose other options. One of the reason we have a moratorium on PB images is that users there often don;t realize that images can't be embedded in forum posts and so they continue to use PD in that manner. The images appear to be fine to them; just not everyone else.
This all makes great sense to me. Thanks for explaining. I only pay PB a few bucks a month, so I guess I'll keep that option open for me. I will however, try to find a different site to hold pics. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Hope I haven't ruffled any feathers by asking.
Thanks again,
Jeff

Old 09-08-2017, 03:41 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

,,,,s:
Eres tan amable como siempre! Gracias!
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:10 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Flicker is owned by Yahoo, you just need a (free) Yahoo email account. I already had one so it was an easy setup. Linking (so far) is allowed, but it's a little tricky to find actual image link you need to paste into the AS forum.
  1. Upload to flickr
  2. Click on the picture
  3. Select the arrow icon at the bottom (share photo)
  4. Select the 'embed' option
  5. In the text displayed, look for the 'staticflickr.com' link (looks like this)
  6. https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1596/...23321713_b.jpg" width="186" height="240" (width and height are optional, use for other than original picture size)
  7. Copy and paste into the AS forum add image window

https://www.flickr.com/
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Photo attachment TEST

Trying to figure out how to add pics (using iPhone)...how am I the only one who can't figure this out?!?
SeanWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I switched to a free IMGUR account.
Photobucket is still running, but it's torture unless you pay them.

Easiest is to use the "attachments" option on forums instead of the "Images" option.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:13 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWasHere View Post
Trying to figure out how to add pics (using iPhone)...how am I the only one who can't figure this out?!?
You’re not the only one. Everytime I thought I had it figured out, I was wrong. I gave up. It’s an antique format, they refuse to join the 21st century, and as far as photos go, fairly useless. Every time I think I’d like to put a photo in, I leave. Before I get so angry I want to throw my phone.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:14 AM   #33
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
Yep.. Photobucket still works fine for some of us. All other forums (that I visit) still accept their images. Just not here. I pay $2/mo, but only because PB has somehow missed me in their new pricing scheme. I would suspect PB will be out of business soon with their new pricing model.

Old 01-14-2018, 07:23 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1984 27' Airstream 270
Scotia , New York
I hope this photo site blocking will not extend to private websites.
I have my own web server and I have my various Airstream project pages with many "how to" photos there.
When I post to a topic here on Airstream Forums, I usually use a photo link and sometimes a link to my web page to show details of what I am working on.
WayneG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2008 22' Safari
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Yep.. Photobucket still works fine for some of us. All other forums (that I visit) still accept their images. Just not here. I pay $2/mo, but only because PB has somehow missed me in their new pricing scheme. I would suspect PB will be out of business soon with their new pricing model.
Rest easy... you've now been reported to them ... and you owe back-fees.
(jokingly)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #36
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
😡

Another attempt...this time I went to "Go Advanced" then I went to "Manage Attachments" than I went to the photo area and chose a picture from my camera roll. It seemed to be going well. I uploaded the image, but then I got stuck there, no "Submit Post" option to be seen. No "Go Back" option. Unable to scroll up or down, just stuck in an area showing that my selected upload had consumed about 10% of my attachment allotment (green/red indicator bar).

I thought maybe I had posted it without realizing it (after all, I'm clearly not a tech wiz) so I closed the window (at least that option was available) then returned to this thread...nope. It didn't post, but the 10% reduction in availability remained, and I haven't been able to locate the uploaded file for another attempt...I'm trying to stay positive, but I sense the approach of "GRRRRR"

I'm beginning to see where PammieSue is coming from.

-Sean-
Old 01-14-2018, 10:53 AM   #37
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
Ok, trying again... there are "Close Window" buttons at the top and bottom of the "Manage Attachments" window, when selected they appear to "click" but the window doesn't actually close...maybe that's part of the problem. Also, I'm still unable to figure out how to retrieve the photo that I uploaded from my camera roll. My available space is still reduced, but I haven't figured out how to find the file, I could download it again, but I'm pretty sure that would reduce the available space even more.

Hmmmmmm....
Old 01-14-2018, 11:03 AM   #38
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
...maybe a paid subscription here increases functionality???

I'm not opposed to funding the forum, but I'm reluctant to do so until I'm sure I can contribute more than just text.

I'm eager to share some small upgrades that I've done to our 2018 'Cloud (cedar-lined closet, simple propane tank lock...) but photo-mastery must come first.

-Sean-
Old 01-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #39
2 Rivet Member

Santa Rosa , California
...maybe all the icons^^^^^at the top of the text box have functions. When in the advanced mode, a couple of them seem like they'd be useful, like the paper clip icon (attachment?) or the mountain portrait (photo attachment?) but they don't seem to do anything.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:37 AM   #40
4 Rivet Member

1988 32.5' Airstream 325
WhereIam , Left Coast Proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWasHere View Post
...maybe all the icons^^^^^at the top of the text box have functions. When in the advanced mode, a couple of them seem like they'd be useful, like the paper clip icon (attachment?) or the mountain portrait (photo attachment?) but they don't seem to do anything.
Looks like you tried all that I did. I pay for really good websites, Netflix, Amazon, Audible, iCloud, etc, but I never pay ransom. There was a time I would have paid for photobucket, but then they changed their editing program and at that point only became a place to store photos for posting in places like this. I’m still not paying them.
3wd67rg is offline   Reply With Quote