Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 PM   #15
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
When I upload images I find the amount of space available is diminishing to a point where pics will no longer be allowed. How does one increase the available space?
If you become a supporting member, the storage limitations are generally not a further issue.

Old 09-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1984 34.5' Airstream 345
Foothill Ranch , California
Whilst I am disgusted with Photobucket, I hope they see that $400 is unacceptable and come to thier senses.

I do NOT agree with Airforums disabling posts with PB links, as its up to the members where or if they use PB links...

FYI, there are ways around the disabled PB place holders...
There are extensions for CHROME and FIREFOX that bypass their block...

Like this one...
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...flicjjgj?hl=en

Old 09-04-2017, 11:17 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I use pbase. $23 a year no advertisements no BS. I have my own web sight and I store forum content on there but pbase works for those who don't have that.

http://www.pbase.com/pricing.html

Perry
Old 09-04-2017, 12:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If you become a supporting member, the storage limitations are generally not a further issue.
I am a supporting member and have the stickers on my hangar AIR compressor outlets to prove it. Couple years worth.

(Don't understand why my avatar doesn't reflect that, however. Or, at least I was. Perhaps I've expired and didn't notice? anyway... the same situation occurred when I did see the supporting member note.)
Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 01:03 PM   #19
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyair View Post

I do NOT agree with Airforums disabling posts with PB links, as its up to the members where or if they use PB links...
Here's a cool picture of my new toy. Don't you think it's great? What do you think of it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	91540d1503876603t-everyone_else_getting_www_photobucket_com_p500_message-photobucket_-_p500.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	294014  
Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #20
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Now imagine an entire thread made up of those images.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Photo bucket has really screwed up forum posts.

Perry
Old 09-05-2017, 06:38 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
My PB account is still working. I sure wish I could post pics on this forum. It's still the only forum I visit that has banned PB linked pics. Just this morning I wanted to post a pic in AS sightings. Couldn't do it. I wish airforums would reconsider the ban.

I did the attach image through the forum. (In AS sightings)
Worked well.
Old 09-05-2017, 06:44 AM   #23
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
My PB account is still working. I sure wish I could post pics on this forum. It's still the only forum I visit that has banned PB linked pics. Just this morning I wanted to post a pic in AS sightings. Couldn't do it. I wish airforums would reconsider the ban.
There is a saying that goes: "screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." I don't think the forums will give PeeBucket the opportunity to do it again. I could be wrong, but...

And, if course, what happens if the forum does re-allow them, and next week, your account won't post here any more? You are not allowed to edit your post to fix the problem, or submit a different link.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:04 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
There is a saying that goes: "screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." I don't think the forums will give PeeBucket the opportunity to do it again. I could be wrong, but...

And, if course, what happens if the forum does re-allow them, and next week, your account won't post here any more? You are not allowed to edit your post to fix the problem, or submit a different link.
Just curious, are you a forum owner, or moderator? Obviously you have feelings about PB, and not allowing their picture links. Other forums are still allowing links.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

Tucson , AZ
I gave up on Photobucket a few years ago when the site got overloaded with graphics and pop ups that would slow things down to a crawl, and I had issues with my PC that I suspect was malware picked up on their site. Who needs them when there are much better options now?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #26
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxite View Post
I am a supporting member and have the stickers on my hangar AIR compressor outlets to prove it. Couple years worth.

(Don't understand why my avatar doesn't reflect that, however. Or, at least I was. Perhaps I've expired and didn't notice? anyway... the same situation occurred when I did see the supporting member note.)
Thanks for supporting the board - your account display has been fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinAway View Post
Just curious, are you a forum owner, or moderator? Obviously you have feelings about PB, and not allowing their picture links. Other forums are still allowing links.
Overlander63 is one of the earliest forum members and was a long time and awesome moderator; he's contributed a vast wealth of info and donated 100's of hours to helping out the community. We are grateful.

When PB first made account changes forum posts that contained valuable images for restorations lost their usefulness. Posts were littered with ransom notes and vintage owners who posted those images to help others were left with little recourse other than to tediously download the PB images and reload them to posts here. It's a sore spot.

AIR forums has been a huge asset to the Airstream community and those images were part of the knowledge set. Many depicted tough repairs on rare trailers.

There are lots of great images hosting options out there still and we while we encourage folks to load images with posts here understand that they may choose other options. One of the reason we have a moratorium on PB images is that users there often don;t realize that images can't be embedded in forum posts and so they continue to use PD in that manner. The images appear to be fine to them; just not everyone else.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 04:26 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Overlander63 is one of the earliest forum members and was a long time and awesome moderator; he's contributed a vast wealth of info and donated 100's of hours to helping out the community. We are grateful.

When PB first made account changes forum posts that contained valuable images for restorations lost their usefulness. Posts were littered with ransom notes and vintage owners who posted those images to help others were left with little recourse other than to tediously download the PB images and reload them to posts here. It's a sore spot.

AIR forums has been a huge asset to the Airstream community and those images were part of the knowledge set. Many depicted tough repairs on rare trailers.

There are lots of great images hosting options out there still and we while we encourage folks to load images with posts here understand that they may choose other options. One of the reason we have a moratorium on PB images is that users there often don;t realize that images can't be embedded in forum posts and so they continue to use PD in that manner. The images appear to be fine to them; just not everyone else.
This all makes great sense to me. Thanks for explaining. I only pay PB a few bucks a month, so I guess I'll keep that option open for me. I will however, try to find a different site to hold pics. Thanks for taking the time to explain. Hope I haven't ruffled any feathers by asking.
Thanks again,
Jeff
Old 09-08-2017, 03:41 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2008 22' Sport
Spicewood (W of Austin) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

,,,,s:
Eres tan amable como siempre! Gracias!

Boxite is offline   Reply With Quote