Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Classic
Loretto , Ontario
This isn’t about PayPal its about donating to the forum . For some reason the people or person who own Air Forums want to be paid by PayPal and that’s fine. (I can only assume its to remain anonymous) On the other hand there are members who wish to donate but prefer not to use PayPal and that’s fine too. From the reaction on this post I think Air Forums is missing out. Why can’t they provide a mailing address or a Post Office Box for mail in donations?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
North central , Florida
Anonymous? jim

Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Classic
Loretto , Ontario
I have done a little digging and have discovered Air Forums is owned and operated buy a company called Social Knowledge. Their business is Forums, they show 21 different forums on their web site Social Knowledge | Online Community Network. Its good to know Air Forums has some backing. I don’t understand why they don’t make this more evident.
Now back to Pay Pal. Hey Social Knowledge people want to give you money how about an address!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Erik Olson
New guy chiming in in support of PayPal. I have hundreds of transactions (both as a PayPal Merchant) and as a consumer with the firm and have never had an issue. Be more concerned about putting your credit card in the hands of a server at a restaurant - that's how the vast majority of stolen numbers make their way into the hands of internationally established grifters, who purchase and trade the data like it's a commodity.

PayPal is no more evil than the old "brick-and-mortar" banks who can't find the actual notes on our mortgages. They're in business and they do it well. I prefer a PayPal transaction to a personal check any day of the week.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #33
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I still think my suggestion to split the the thread is a good one. That way in the future any questions about paying without paypal can be referred to that thread, without having to sift through the discussion of the pros and cons of paypal.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
I have done a little digging and have discovered Air Forums is owned and operated buy a company called Social Knowledge. Their business is Forums, they show 21 different forums on their web site Social Knowledge | Online Community Network. Its good to know Air Forums has some backing. I don’t understand why they don’t make this more evident.
Now back to Pay Pal. Hey Social Knowledge people want to give you money how about an address!!

Social Knowledge is a small, single proprietor company - this is Andy R. Not a big company. If you read through the archives you will see that Andy started this forum when he wanted to fix his own Bambi and sort of stumbled into the forum biz. Over the years one forum turned into 2 then 4 and now many. He loves to travel and Paypal helps keep paperwork down. This is a necessity when working from a laptop and back pack.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #35
4 Rivet Member

2011 27' FB Classic
Loretto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Social Knowledge is a small, single proprietor company - this is Andy R. Not a big company. If you read through the archives you will see that Andy started this forum when he wanted to fix his own Bambi and sort of stumbled into the forum biz. Over the years one forum turned into 2 then 4 and now many. He loves to travel and Paypal helps keep paperwork down. This is a necessity when working from a laptop and back pack.
I love the forum and if this is done by one person, he does a fantastic job.
My point is, I would like to donate but I do not have a Pay Pal account and I dont want one. (nothing against PayPal) If there was another way I am sure Andy would have a lot more income.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #36
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Angel Fire , New Mexico
Please see Post #22 and Post #25 in this thread!

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
I love the forum and if this is done by one person, he does a fantastic job.
My point is, I would like to donate but I do not have a Pay Pal account and I dont want one. (nothing against PayPal) If there was another way I am sure Andy would have a lot more income.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #37
Full Timers/Diesel power.

1983 31' Airstream310
Cactus Hug , Arizona
We like Pay Pal and use it a lot, for what it's worth.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
You can pay with a credit card without having to login and use PayPal. To do so follow the normal upgrade process but click on the link that allows you to pay with a credit card as a guest (see attachment).

Andy,

Thank you for answering my question and providing the thumbnail to enable me to maintain my support for the forum.

'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
I want to use PayPay...but can't

When I try to make my contribution I cannot get thru to PayPal now. Earlier I got to PayPal but they want me to signup for a bill me later program...don't want that. Can you give me a link that works?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Ocala , Florida
FYI FOLKS: I too have been asked to give my bank account # as I also use E Bay. I declined, did NOT accept, c\continued. they ask me about every 8 months, and give them the same response. I still use Pay Pal when I need to.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
When I originally signed up for paypal they insisted on having a bank routing, I opted for an account I opened just for them, minimum amount in the account, they tested the account by depositing 3 cents if I remember right, and withdrawing the same, once that worked it ran for years of occasional use. A while back I found Discover will give protection against fraud and money back on each purchase and like you I keep getting the requests, also a new one now is to combine it into one with ebay.