Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #21
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Exclamation You have been heard

I have brought this issue to the attention of the administrators, and as soon as there is a clear answer, I will see that it is posted here.

Allow me to apologize on behalf of the company, your support is highly appreciated.

Aage
Old 08-30-2011, 06:51 PM   #22
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
You can pay with a credit card without having to login and use PayPal. To do so follow the normal upgrade process but click on the link that allows you to pay with a credit card as a guest (see attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8-30-2011 7-49-06 PM.png
Views:	158
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	139095  
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Why don't you just send a check?

Pat

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #24
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8tshaker View Post
OK folks , I really do understand that I can "get verified" at PP by giving my bank info, but I choose not to.

I want to know if the forum takes some other form of payment like credit card or even a money order mailed to them instead of PP.

BTW- Those that have given their banking info may want to google problems people have had on this issue. Esp. getting no customer service to straighten out the problem which of course is usually getting them to put your money back into your account.

'shaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naper View Post
Tried doing as you suggest but it didn't work. I was told by an administrator there was a bug in the system.
Quote:
I am happy that you are happy with the gestapo tactics of getting verified. I refuse to be forced to get a credit card I do not want or need. I am very happy with the 1 card I have had for 20 yrs. Access to my bank account is definitely not going to happen.

I would like to know what other options I have to maintain my supporting status on the forum. I am not interested in taking a poll on support or lack thereof re: PP policy.

Thank you anyway,

'shaker
Quote:
I have dumped PP after they started requiring "getting verified". Translation - either I give them access to my bank account ( not going to happen) or I obtain their credit card ( NOT!!).

What other options do I have for maintaining my supporting status with out PayPal?

Thanks,

'shaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
You can pay with a credit card without having to login and use PayPal. To do so follow the normal upgrade process but click on the link that allows you to pay with a credit card as a guest (see attachment).

Y'all satisfied straight answer from the top

Bob
Old 08-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #25
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Post #22 is your answer :)

Andy R has now clarified a solid alternative to the question of paying with PayPal. The only two methods that the Airforums.com system will handle is PayPal, or your regular credit card. If you are not comfortable with one, please feel free to use the other, in the manner he describes above.

PayPal is an accepted method of electronic payment, used daily by many people. It is offered to you as a convenience, but you do have a valid alternative.

Thanks for your continued support!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:31 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I have used Pay Pal for quite a while with no problems. I used it last night too. I have never been forced into being verified. It has been suggested, but not made mandatory. [I'm not verified]
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:03 AM   #27
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
Drink the Kool-Aid

PayPal has come to my aid at times for items not shipped or problems with seller.
I feared it at first also, sent MO from USPS, wasted time and $, but finally caved and joined.
So looking back, it is a good system for buyers... I don't sell, so don't know about that end.
1972 Argosy 24'...
1954 Feathercraft Vagabond
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 05:22 AM   #28
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Actually, the criticisms of PayPal in this thread resulted in positive advice on how to use PayPal, how to limit your financial exposure when using bank accounts with PayPal, reasons you may not want to use PayPal at all, etc. I gained something from the critical discussion.
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
This isn’t about PayPal its about donating to the forum . For some reason the people or person who own Air Forums want to be paid by PayPal and that’s fine. (I can only assume its to remain anonymous) On the other hand there are members who wish to donate but prefer not to use PayPal and that’s fine too. From the reaction on this post I think Air Forums is missing out. Why can’t they provide a mailing address or a Post Office Box for mail in donations?
Naper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM   #30
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Anonymous? jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
I have done a little digging and have discovered Air Forums is owned and operated buy a company called Social Knowledge. Their business is Forums, they show 21 different forums on their web site Social Knowledge | Online Community Network. Its good to know Air Forums has some backing. I don’t understand why they don’t make this more evident.
Now back to Pay Pal. Hey Social Knowledge people want to give you money how about an address!!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:18 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1974 29' Ambassador
CONCORD , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to Erik Olson
New guy chiming in in support of PayPal. I have hundreds of transactions (both as a PayPal Merchant) and as a consumer with the firm and have never had an issue. Be more concerned about putting your credit card in the hands of a server at a restaurant - that's how the vast majority of stolen numbers make their way into the hands of internationally established grifters, who purchase and trade the data like it's a commodity.

PayPal is no more evil than the old "brick-and-mortar" banks who can't find the actual notes on our mortgages. They're in business and they do it well. I prefer a PayPal transaction to a personal check any day of the week.
Erik Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:54 AM   #33
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
I still think my suggestion to split the the thread is a good one. That way in the future any questions about paying without paypal can be referred to that thread, without having to sift through the discussion of the pros and cons of paypal.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
I have done a little digging and have discovered Air Forums is owned and operated buy a company called Social Knowledge. Their business is Forums, they show 21 different forums on their web site Social Knowledge | Online Community Network. Its good to know Air Forums has some backing. I don’t understand why they don’t make this more evident.
Now back to Pay Pal. Hey Social Knowledge people want to give you money how about an address!!

Social Knowledge is a small, single proprietor company - this is Andy R. Not a big company. If you read through the archives you will see that Andy started this forum when he wanted to fix his own Bambi and sort of stumbled into the forum biz. Over the years one forum turned into 2 then 4 and now many. He loves to travel and Paypal helps keep paperwork down. This is a necessity when working from a laptop and back pack.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:48 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Loretto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Social Knowledge is a small, single proprietor company - this is Andy R. Not a big company. If you read through the archives you will see that Andy started this forum when he wanted to fix his own Bambi and sort of stumbled into the forum biz. Over the years one forum turned into 2 then 4 and now many. He loves to travel and Paypal helps keep paperwork down. This is a necessity when working from a laptop and back pack.
I love the forum and if this is done by one person, he does a fantastic job.
My point is, I would like to donate but I do not have a Pay Pal account and I dont want one. (nothing against PayPal) If there was another way I am sure Andy would have a lot more income.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:56 PM   #36
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Please see Post #22 and Post #25 in this thread!

Lynn
Quote:
I love the forum and if this is done by one person, he does a fantastic job.
My point is, I would like to donate but I do not have a Pay Pal account and I dont want one. (nothing against PayPal) If there was another way I am sure Andy would have a lot more income.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #37
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1984 31' Airstream310
Ajo , Arizona
We like Pay Pal and use it a lot, for what it's worth.
Mike Leary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member

2022 16' Bambi
2022 Atlas
Sioux Falls , Arkansas
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post

Andy,

Thank you for answering my question and providing the thumbnail to enable me to maintain my support for the forum.

'shaker
fr8tshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
I want to use PayPay...but can't

When I try to make my contribution I cannot get thru to PayPal now. Earlier I got to PayPal but they want me to signup for a bill me later program...don't want that. Can you give me a link that works?
Old 03-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #40
1 Rivet Member

Ocala , Florida
FYI FOLKS: I too have been asked to give my bank account # as I also use E Bay. I declined, did NOT accept, c\continued. they ask me about every 8 months, and give them the same response. I still use Pay Pal when I need to.
hope-dream is offline   Reply With Quote