Old 03-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Folks I'd rather not see this get into a mud slinging contest so let's keep that side out of this discussion. Needless to say all things come to pass eventually so stay patient. We all want to see improvements, its just a matter of understanding the issues that those of us have to deal with. What one considers easy and something that should be of high importance, may in reality be a much bigger issue. I'm a firm believer in the theory of walking a mile in the other guy's shoes before I raise an issue.

Needless to say the forum moderators will not allow this issue to get into a personal vein, so stay cool and this all will take care of itself. Don't drag youself down into the mud.

Regards,

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 02:34 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Yeh Ha - Love to see a food fight - actually gets the ole blood pumping

But seriously S&V - you are not alone out there in that there are many of us who own the "special" Years. At least you can say you "belong" to the 70's

Us poor old 69'ers why no one can decide whether we are in the 60's or the 70's - and try look up parts - you just might find a 68 light shade, or a 70's gold trim piece. But I think the real point is - you own a D Airstream and if you have a question - stick to the specifics - and you will get an answer - you know - it is kind of simple....

If you own a dog - go to the dog forum - but if you own a cat your sol - but if you go to the "Pet" forum you just might be able to share a funny A/S about your pet - you see Airstreaming is about LIFE - not COMPLAINTS and some of own pets, children and oh yeh we have relatives too that all experience LIFE in an Airstream from time to time.

If you have a plumbing problem - such as yours might be a bit backed up right about now - there is a plumbing section, Electrical for the wirery people, Axles, tires, wheels for the free wheelers - and well just about anything!

And to boot with the new set up that lists the last 25 posts - is excellent because you don't have to go into all the different forums to find out the latest questions so the organization just went to the top of the class.

I think the moderators do a great job and I have found out a ton of information about our recent purchase of a 1969 GlobeTrotter - Yeh S&V look it up! - ah guess what we don't have a section to ourselves either When there is a need it just might show up - but for now I join in with the 60's and 70's Globetrotters so I always get the BEST of BOTH Worlds!

What is that saying - grow up, get a life, cry not for I am spoiled, I want what I want and I want it NOW!

Yep I agree....www.Excella 500-1974.com - might just be your solution

SPK

Old 03-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #17
Arr, we captain our ship!

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Ye Haw! Haven't seen this much lack of tact in awhile ($&V). Kinda fun!
Old 03-10-2004, 03:13 PM   #18
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Let ME explain it in detail then

Quote:
Originally posted by Sue&Von

Are you a former Clinton staffer*or an independent Spin Doctor?

My party affiliation or job has nothing to do with my answer.

Quote:
Did you doubt that I was telling the truth about having a 1974 Excella 500 months ago when I first posted.?

The point I was trying to make is that if there was an Excella in 74 they were not many of them. Dedicating a whole section to them will likely leave you in a section alone. In the 74 Sovereign section there will be common items, issues, repairs, etc. To that issue there is ONE thread in the 74 sovereign section and it has not had a post in almost 6 months.

Quote:
Migration of how much data
Do you expect there to be thousands of posts to the 74 Excella section?

No I do not think there will be thousands of post to the 74 Excella section. The issue is that when the revamp comes all of the threads about all of the trailers will need to be moved and recategorized. It looks like this will be a purely manual process.

Quote:

Doesn't seem to bother you folks when it is reems of off subject blather about someone's dog or BlewBeret yap, or how much beer some bloke can swig, or when so & so quit sharing a bed with their mate or how silly a Japaneese poet one wants to be.
This is an on line community. Every community will have it's mix of people and that is what makes it interesting. We all do not want to know or do we care what size the bolt that holds the axle on the trailer is. Some of us want to find others who share a common interest. That is what the off topic section is for. If you don't want to read about beer, computers, haiku, or dogs, don't go there.

Quote:
How many of the 4000 plus who are members here belong to that dinosoar WBCCI anyway?
Quote:
The WBCCI is not for everyone, but calling it names and belittling a club that has been around for as long as it has because it does not meet your needs or standards shows your true colors.

Quote:
But when we request plain good no nonsense accomodations, which you just admitted was do-able we are handed a wagonload of bull.
Quote:
It was not a wagonload of bull. You did not like my answer so that is how YOU interpreted it. Andy is open to suggestions but the main constraint is time. If there was a way to make a day last 36 hours I am sure he would be happy to grant your slightest wish.

Quote:
If you think a section for all models would break the bank or cause the loss of established threads then just open ones that are specifically asked for. Close some that no one has shown any interest in.
Quote:
I do not think that adding additional model sections would break the bank. If you want to start a thread in the 74 sovereign section, and there is enough action, it is one way to try it before we fragment the list more than it already is. I understand your statement about closing off ones where there has been no posting in, but if we do and then get a member with that model we will be right back here again, right?

Quote:
Are you now the designated point man when Andy doesn't want to answer a question?
Quote:
No, I just happen to have more time than he does.

Quote:
I read long ago that Inside Out was revamping the whole section. Then just like the membership stickers the whole subject went silent. No explanation, nothing. It is always manana in some parts of the world. Cyber and real apparently.
Quote:
These are two different issues. The revamp is a time issue, the stickers is a copyright issue. While many things can be done quickly some take time. These are taking some time.

Quote:
As for how to group things Gosh Fellas is it brain surgery to possibly consider chronologically that is by year,,,HELLO!
Quote:
This is what we are doing, but also trying to group them by style of construction, etc.

Quote:
Sorry to have to put it so bluntly but you have just insulted both of us. In fact we have waited weeks to reply, considered leaving forums altogether, then decided your brush-off wasn't going to dictate our style or enjoyment.

Why don't you butch up and just put it in honest English.* You dont' like our straight talk and so you are not going to grant our wishes. Your double talk explanation is just what this place does not need.
Quote:
While the blunt statement does not bother me I am somewhat dismayed at the lashing out at the owner and moderators of the forum. It has been said again and again that we are all volunteers and we all do give freely of our time and knowledge. In Andy's case money and bandwith. We do not attempt to dictate any thing to anyone other that what is in the agreed to forum policies. If my prior post made you that upset you should check into the newsgroups that are out there on Camping. They will flame you for the most minor misstep. We try to be friendly.

I am not able to grant your wishes. That is up to one person. Andy the forum OWNER. He can be PM'ed by sending a message to the member Organic Hosting.

Quote:
Seems that is alot of the problem that is killing your beloved Byam club also.
Quote:
When you become a member of WBCCI then you will have the right to critique the club and it's workings. I am trying to change things that is why I am an officer of the club.

I hope my answers have better explained my original short answer. If you would like to discuss this off line please feel free to PM or email me.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 03:20 PM   #19
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
You know, if things are not to people's liking, there are always other games in town........or better yet, pay the $80/month for your own DSL connection, a few grand for the server, the software and you can have it they way you want, when you want it.... but lashing out at folks isn't the best kind of motivation......

Until then, enjoy the ride or move on....it's that simple.......

I can see clearly that some folks are making lots of friends around here for not being here very long....
Old 03-10-2004, 03:32 PM   #20

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Can't wait for $&V to check back with us all. I, for one, am anxiously awaiting their response.

Frankly, their post and responses seemed like "bait" to me. Nobody is that mean spirited...

X
Old 03-10-2004, 03:50 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
X, you are so sweet, so naive, so... unacquainted with the relatives of That Man Who Used to Live in My House. Not one of them could hold a job, keep a marriage together, raise a literate kid, pay back a loan, maintain civil relations even among themselves. But being broke, ignorant, shunned & depressing was never THEIR fault--that blame lay with the govt/the schools/the Hatfields/the McCoys/insert-racial-slur here.

And no, I'm not bitter about having to spend years of holiday dinners amid all that misery--just having flashbacks!
Old 03-10-2004, 04:01 PM   #22

Currently Looking...
Santa Fe , New Mexico
Summerkid,

I loved your earlier post. You seem to have insight into their madness.

X
Old 03-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Hey, how 'bout those Bears.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
Here's a link that put's it in perspective http://www.ragingdonkey.com/faykland/?id=69

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I guss two complainers out of 4500 member is pretty darn good.
For all of us that help and are helped by this forum, and those who feel it is quite worthwhile as it is, and so we spend a little of each day visiting here; I say close this thread. Ok I will!
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
Our AIRSTREAM and TIN CAN TOURIST Rallys
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:59 PM   #26
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
Lightbulb

Aren't upgrades wonderful!

Most of the noted holes have been fixed. If you find that your model is not there, let me know and we will try to get it added ASAP. PM would be preferred.

Thanks
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 07:36 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

Yay Airstreamforums.com, boo whining,
:::droool:::
Old 04-03-2004, 08:32 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Forum welfare. Whine and yea shall receive, no work required. I think the Clinton reference was a "misdirection".