Old 06-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Not allowed to edit or delete my own post

I just posted a new thread in the 2007 Bambi category (75th Anniversary Bambi #6). I was slow, trying to insert photos in the text area rather than as attachments at the end. Before I was able to figure out how, I received a message that I timed out. Now it won't let me edit or delete. Since I never did manage to add photos, I don't want the new thread to remain.
Please tell me how to delete.
Thanks.

Old 06-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Why not just add a new post to the thread containing the pictures?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
Why not just add a new post to the thread containing the pictures?
Because I had already typed the text, and the photos need to be there. And second, it does not resolve why I'm not allowed to edit or delete my own posts. I'm sure if you look at the bottom of your own posts, you have that option. I used to, but the option has been taken away for some reason.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
x

XXXX , XXXX
The edit or delete option is only active for I think 15 minutes and then the mod's will need to do it for you. That's a long post, it would be a shame to have to do it over again. Maybe they can reopen it so you can add the pics. I for one would love to see what it looks like now.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Lake Oswego , Oregon
Because of it's length, I actually started in yesterday in Pages, then finished it this morning, so it is saved. I'll be patient for awhile, and see what can be done. I assumed moderators monitored this section of the forum, to timely answer support questions such as mine.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #6

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
It's a pretty common occurrence and won't confuse too many people for you to put a new post in the thread with just the descriptions of the pictures and the pictures themselves. I understand your desire to have the post display perfectly, though.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
You could add to the thread by doing reply by "quoting" and paste new stuff after old part
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Lake Oswego , Oregon
I'm always a little concerned about privacy on the internet. In this case, I got booted out of the post while still in process, and the images are described in the post by their location in my computer, with my full name included. I agree I could add the images in a subsequent post, but would at least like to edit the original post to remove the image data.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #9
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I think that DaveFL had the best idea to add the photos. If you use Photobucket, or one of the free photo storage websites, you simply paste in a link into the text where you want it, and the photo appears where you want it. I see that you do do that.

If you simply paste your whole large post, you can insert the "start" and "stop" code that you will see when you are posting it and insert those codes as you please. The code is either [/quote] to end the quote, or your name in square brackets to begin the quote.

As a side note, I firmly believe that more "air" (blank space) makes a long post MUCH easier to read. That only my opinion, but I do find that to be the case.

I removed that personal information that you were concerned about. You might consider changing your user name on the photo site on which you store your photos, so that your real information can never be seen....
Old 06-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
Lake Oswego , Oregon
I'll do as you suggest, thank you for the tips.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #11

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd7trx View Post
I just posted a new thread in the 2007 Bambi category (75th Anniversary Bambi #6). I was slow, trying to insert photos in the text area rather than as attachments at the end. Before I was able to figure out how, I received a message that I timed out. Now it won't let me edit or delete. Since I never did manage to add photos, I don't want the new thread to remain.
Please tell me how to delete.
Thanks.
Hi Ed,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, and we're glad we were able to help you get this resolved. If you run into a other problems feel free to contact any site team member for a helping hand.

Airstream Forums - Show Groups

On Behalf of the site team,

Kevin

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:54 PM   #12
steel/aluminum fabricator

2004 22' International CCD
Penticton , British Columbia
I am curious why you cant edit your post after 15 minutes? I have been on and am a member of numerous forums and all allow you to edit at any time.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #13

Vintage Kin Owner
1973 Avion Travelcader 25' , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedex View Post
I am curious why you cant edit your post after 15 minutes? I have been on and am a member of numerous forums and all allow you to edit at any time.
Just the way this site works. If something needs attention after the "Edit" window closes one of the site team members can help you out. You're not the first to ask though.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...highlight=edit

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:38 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
1983 27' Excella
Walnut Grove/Laguna Woods , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Jim Foster
You can copy your post and paste it into a new message.

Past President, El Camino Real Unit WBCCI#6620
Street Rod Builder (see avatar)
Kite flier (check out links below)
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y1_U2XQ0bI
Jim Foster is offline   Reply With Quote