How do I post a picture in a reply in a thread? Thanks

Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #212
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothayer1 View Post
You will see a "Go Advanced" button. If you select that, the same dialogue for adding one (or more) photos that was available when the thread was created is there.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #213
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothayer1 View Post
I upload images on a variety of subjects to photobucket.com. When I want to share one, they give give me computer-language-words to include in the post which results in a click-to-enlarge-image:

Tom
Old 03-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #214

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomW View Post
I upload images on a variety of subjects to photobucket.com. When I want to share one, they give give me computer-language-words to include in the post which results in a click-to-enlarge-image:

Tom
If you select from the next row on the Photobucket page (the one that says "direct link" instead of the one that says "email & IM" you'll get a photo posted that doesn't take them back to your own photobucket page, it stays on AIRForums but gets bigger. Like this one I took to evaluate the hitch settings with the new axles:

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #215
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Internet Privacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
If you select from the next row ... Like this one I took to evaluate the hitch settings with the new axles..
Or this one from last week's pressure-fried chicken:

I never post anything but fun images on photobucket. Comments are welcome on any/all images there.

But DKB_SATX did raise a valid privacy concern.

Tom
Old 09-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #216
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Asheville , North Carolina
viewing Photos with Droid Tablet

Does anyone else have trouble viewing photos on a Droid tablet? When reading a thread some of the photos will show and some will not. It does not seem to be an issue with connection as I am able to pull down any other content. It seems to happen randomly. Some threads I can get all the photos and other times it they all show up as gray squares. Sometimes it seems like new photos come in better than ones that have been posted some time back. Sometimes I can see the small thumbnail photo in the post but it will not open in the viewer. When this happens I usually just go the computer to look at the photo.

I never have any problem with the forum on the computer. Any thoughts are welcome.

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Chillpoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #217
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpoints View Post
Does anyone else have trouble viewing photos on a Droid tablet? When reading a thread some of the photos will show and some will not. It does not seem to be an issue with connection as I am able to pull down any other content. It seems to happen randomly. Some threads I can get all the photos and other times it they all show up as gray squares. Sometimes it seems like new photos come in better than ones that have been posted some time back. Sometimes I can see the small thumbnail photo in the post but it will not open in the viewer. When this happens I usually just go the computer to look at the photo.

I never have any problem with the forum on the computer. Any thoughts are welcome.
Are you using the app or a browser? I use Android can do a bit of checking for you.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #218

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpoints View Post

I frequently observe this behavior with the Android app on a phone.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:11 AM   #219
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post

Are you using the app or a browser? I use Android can do a bit of checking for you.

Aaron
It is when I am using the app. I used to think it was just my old phone but thos is a new Samsung note 8.

When I use the browser it usually comes in but it is much slower and has some other issues with how large they can be viewed.

Thanks for checking.

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Old 09-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #220
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB_SATX View Post
I frequently observe this behavior with the Android app on a phone.
I too often have trouble viewing photos posted in threads with an Android phone using the Airforums app. Currently this is with a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, but I also had the same problem with my previous Android Phone.

The problems I have encountered include that sometimes the small thumbnail photo on the message comes in fine, but sometimes it only comes in as a gray box. If I click on the tiny photo, it sometimes loads a larger photo, sometimes nothing. If I click on the tiny gray box it tries to load the larger photo, but is never successful. If I immediately reload the page on my photo, nothing changes, but if I come back to that thread hours later, the photos that previous wouldn't load might then load, and ones that previously loaded might not load. It seems to be a random problem, not something perfectly repeatable. Overall I'd estimate that I can view about 50% of the photos attached to a thread at any time.

I also find it unfortunate that when a larger photo does load on my phone it is fixed at the size of my screen. I cannot enlarge it using the pinch technique expand it to look at finer details. This is about the only case I have ever seen looking at photos on my phone where I cannot enlarge them using the pinch technique. I think this too might be a bug.

Interestingly, photos posted to Airforums classified ads can/could be veiwed and enlarged without problems on both of my Android phones.

I hope this additional detail helps the developers.
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #221
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Joe,
I am no software developer

I do know that the Classifieds are built on a WordPress Platform which is very android friendly. I am still digging on the other issues. I can duplicate the problems on the phone but the tablet brings in different issues. I suspect there is some sort of interface bug in the app to vbb code.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #222
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
I too often have trouble viewing photos posted in threads with an Android phone using the Airforums app. Currently this is with a Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, but I also had the same problem with my previous Android Phone.

The problems I have encountered include that sometimes the small thumbnail photo on the message comes in fine, but sometimes it only comes in as a gray box. If I click on the tiny photo, it sometimes loads a larger photo, sometimes nothing. If I click on the tiny gray box it tries to load the larger photo, but is never successful. If I immediately reload the page on my photo, nothing changes, but if I come back to that thread hours later, the photos that previous wouldn't load might then load, and ones that previously loaded might not load. It seems to be a random problem, not something perfectly repeatable. Overall I'd estimate that I can view about 50% of the photos attached to a thread at any time.

I also find it unfortunate that when a larger photo does load on my phone it is fixed at the size of my screen. I cannot enlarge it using the pinch technique expand it to look at finer details. This is about the only case I have ever seen looking at photos on my phone where I cannot enlarge them using the pinch technique. I think this too might be a bug.

Interestingly, photos posted to Airforums classified ads can/could be veiwed and enlarged without problems on both of my Android phones.

Great description.
This is exactly what I have been experiencing. Not that I am glad this is happening to you, but I am glad it is not just me. I appreciate your ability to elaborate on the issue. We will keep our fingers crossed that the problem can be fixed soon.

Thanks

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12
Old 09-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #223
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
I have similar issues with the Android app. Also, I've had many issues trying to upload a photo using the app. Sometimes it works fine, but often it'll fail and/or crash. I haven't tried it lately so I don't remember the exact issue, but I can try it again.

(Also, a version of the app formatted for tablets would be nice...)

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:59 AM   #224
4 Rivet Member

1992 29' Excella
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post

Any further discussion of this issue? I have been trying to read some this morning on the droid tab and been very frustrated that 80% of the photos will not come in using the app. The come in fine if I use the browser. I was also reading winestream questioning the app for black berry and noted in that thread there were questions of why some user prifile picks coming in as gray silhouettes. Could this be a similar issue? I had not noticed it before as I was more focused on the post not the poster. Perhaps the mods can give some ideas.

'92 Excella 29'
Dodge Ram 1500
AIR # 59179
TAC NC-12