Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #61
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Colville , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium View Post
Hate the karma chicklets. hate them. did I mention that I really don't care for the karma chicklets? When did the rivets become not enough badge of honor? However, I do like (and internalize the feedback) of the karma reports in my CP.

I also hate clear Ivory dish soap and every other honked up change that has nothing to do with product performance, if that gives you an idea of my frame of mind.

I'm as grumpy as FYRZOWT is crabby.

Submitted with all due respect, of course.

Zep
I'm with Roger - no chiclet's and give me back my rivets! I went from Rivet Master to Fully Aluminated - now I've been demoted to one little chiclet

The corner page turn was kinda neat the first two times I saw it. Now it is just plain annoying. It's too easy to catch with the mouse.

I won't even mention the cost of the therapy I'm going to need due to the negative Karma I must have received to fall all the way down to 72!
2001 Honda XR650R
Currently Looking...for an Avion Truck Camper (or a Classic Argosy MoHo)

"In regione caecorum rex est luscus." GP
GreatPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:42 AM   #62
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Yeah, this makes me crabby too. Yesterday I was fully "aluminated" nice word that really means nothing... the real word is Illuminated. They let it slide though, cause the American language is lazy and just speaking is good enough. but I was just short of breaking 6000 points and now I have 70 something. What is up with this? the thing that makes me laugh is karma or Kharma is a real system that is maintained by our actions. It controls what or if we will ascend in our next lives. Since the playing field is being leveled, will the number of non active members to this forum also be leveled? There is no way that 25,000 members are active. Are these numbers going to be adjusted too?
Is there any chance of going back to the way it was?

Aluminated is a a play on words - it's all about aluminum...

Karma has been rolled back proportionally and so while your number is lower, so is everyone elses.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #63
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R
My sincere apologies to our members who's karma level has drop. None of the actual karma was lost, just the new system counts one point per karma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Karma has been rolled back proportionally and so while your number is lower, so is everyone elses.
I totally understand "leveling the playing field" by counting the number of comments instead of the weighted value. I truly don't care what the number is..my earlier post was just to show it happen to everybody and to varying degrees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelinium
Hate the karma chicklets. hate them. did I mention that I really don't care for the karma chicklets?
I totally agree. I have always been in the camp that karma should be kept private...and still feel the same. The only comment I do have is that if it is going to be "public", it should be consistent...the "hover comments" and the number of "chicklets" appear to have zero correlation with each other at this point. I'm sure there is a correlation of the comments to the number of karma points, but there is a disconnect with the number of "chicklets" so it really doesn't mean a thing an just causes confusion IMO. Hope it gets resolved...

As always, much appreciation is heaped on those that volunteer their time & energy to keep this community functioning...I know change is inevitable and it takes time to work out the bugs. We will all get used to the new format soon ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #64
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Rivet Cha...Cha...Cha...Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatPumpkin View Post
The corner page turn was kinda neat the first two times I saw it. Now it is just plain annoying. It's too easy to catch with the mouse.
I will have to agree and disagree on this one. I hated it the first time I saw it. I have been involved in web design since 1995, and to this day, the most annoying thing is animations that don't stop! They are bad enough in the first place. (See Blink element - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, same principle)

Please take this away. The Karma adjustment I can live with, I just wish it would stabilize. I seems to change more than daily.

I do like the friends idea. I have been pleased by friend requests that I have gotten.

Overall, I think the upgrade will be something everyone will like when things settle down.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
I am sad. The long-touted upgrade did not bring back the random pictures at the top of the portal page, as promised. I would really, really like them back.

I am with Vaughan and the others on the corner page thing. I have also been involved with Web design since 1995 and that is also the one thing that annoys me above all else. Stop the madness!!!

Thank you for working so hard to make this a great experience for all of us!

Susan

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:39 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
First I want to thank the admin and mods for all of the hard work. Software upgrades are always tough. And even moreso for a community this size. You can't please all the people all the time...

Anyway, I don't know if this one has been reported, but using Mozilla Firefox and the Search feature, both the Advanced Photo Search link and the Advanced Forum search link actually end up taking me to the Advanced Photo Search.

I tried a bit later with IE and it worked fine.

Thanks again guys!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:42 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
First I want to thank the admin and mods for all of the hard work. Software upgrades are always tough. And even moreso for a community this size. You can't please all the people all the time...

Anyway, I don't know if this one has been reported, but using Mozilla Firefox and the Search feature, both the Advanced Photo Search link and the Advanced Forum search link actually end up taking me to the Advanced Photo Search.

I tried a bit later with IE and it worked fine.

Thanks again guys!

-Marcus
My thanks too. Good catch on the Firefox issue. I hadn't tried it yet. I have used Safari on both Windows and Mac and search if behaving properly in it.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:44 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Got this today...???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	61886  

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
Old 06-06-2008, 12:01 PM   #69
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Im sad that my Karma isnt as good anymore, and the chat room, im so depressed
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #70
2006 F350 V10 Ext. Cab LB

1998 30' Excella 1000
Sherwood , Oregon
Search

Hi,
Is the search supposed to be improved? I just tried "reese hitch" with & without the quotes and got about 5000 hits on the word 'hitch' primarily. Are we still dealing with one word searches?

Walt
Driver1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:00 PM   #71
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Gualala , California
More missing photos

While checking out various threads I have noticed several more places where there are supposed to be links to pics or photos that are embedded in the post, and they are missing replaced by the little red x's. Will they come back?

I have seen them in Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame; Which Floor Replacement? And in Floor Finishes; allure trafficMASTER .

Thank you for what must be an incredible amount of work!!

AIR #25767
timkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
Got this today...???
yes, got the "must wait 20 seconds message between searches" too, even though it was my first time on the board today..
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:24 PM   #73
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Look at it again ~

The 20 seconds part wasn't the problem...it was the "Please try again in 93 seconds" part!
I also got one that said "Please try again in 120 seconds"...

If appears to be fixed now ~ THX!!!

Shari

Old 06-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #74
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I to have noticed some changes, most of which have been questioned. But rather than all of us asking questions about things we don't immediately understand could a thread be posted giving a brief description of the changes and what they are supposed to accomplish?

What are the little green dot under my signature. One day there was a line of them and the next day just one. Other than a simple acknowledgment what is the Friends feature.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:55 PM   #75
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
I to have noticed some changes, most of which have been questioned. But rather than all of us asking questions about things we don't immediately understand could a thread be posted giving a brief description of the changes and what they are supposed to accomplish?

What are the little green dot under my signature. One day there was a line of them and the next day just one. Other than a simple acknowledgment what is the Friends feature.
There is another thread here that answers some of these questions..

But maybe I can help. The little green dots are part of the karma system. We have always had a karma system - but it looks different now. You can also see these in your profile. We are still tweaking the setting on the karma system so visually, it may change. Basically it's a way for folks to show you that they like a post or your opinion on something.

The friends feature is one of the new networking features. You can exchange messages in your profile with your network of friends, see when they are online and several other options. You can always take a look at the forum FAQ's (link at top) for more info about how the new stuff works - or post your questions and we'll do our best to answer. We are all still learning.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 06-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
The 20 seconds part wasn't the problem...it was the "Please try again in 93 seconds" part!
I also got one that said "Please try again in 120 seconds"...

If appears to be fixed now ~ THX!!!

Shari
Nope...it's not. Just got it again "Please try again in 38 seconds"

Shari

Old 06-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #77
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I just got try again in 138 seconds...
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:43 PM   #78
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Please tell me about these "friendship requests". What do they mean and what do I do with them?
Old 06-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #79
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel View Post
Please tell me about these "friendship requests". What do they mean and what do I do with them?
What is the difference between a friend and a contact?
A friendship is a mutual, two-way relationship between two users. It is initiated by one user and accepted by the other.
A contact is a one-way friendship. This could be where the other person does not accept the friendship, a friendship request is pending, or you do not wish to be friends at this time but want to show them as a contact only.

Where is list of friends and contacts displayed?
Your friends and contacts are displayed on the 'Contacts and Friends' page in your User CP. Your friends are also displayed in your profile page.

How can I request a friend, accept a friend or break a friendship?

There are two ways to request a friendship with someone.
The easiest way is to view the profile page of the person you want to become friends with and click the 'Befriend' link.
The other way is to add the person to your contacts first. Then from your 'Contacts and Friends' page ask to be their friend by checking the box next to their name labeled 'Friend'. Next, save the page.
If you know the username of the person you want to be friends with you can send a friend request using the box provided and clicking 'Add Friend'.
To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page. At the bottom of the page you will see a list of pending requests. Check the box for the requests you wish to accept then check the 'Accept' button and save the changes. If you do not wish to be friends then select 'Reject' instead.
Breaking a friendship can be done in three ways.
  • From your 'Contacts and Friends' page, uncheck the box for friend for the particular person and save the changes. If you no longer wish them to be a contact either, uncheck both boxes for that person.
  • In your 'Profile Page', click 'Friends' and then click 'Break Friendship' next to the user's name.
  • In the other person's profile, click 'Friends' then find your username and click 'Break Friendship'.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 06-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #80
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by goransons View Post
I just got try again in 138 seconds...
yep - I get it as well... maybe cyber clocks are different than mine??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air search.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	61895  

AirForums Custom Search