Old 09-30-2013, 04:29 PM   #113
pzd on the fly

2010 16' Sport
Kent , Ohio
The new classifieds look & work great from my desktop. I found them easy to browse by year, et al. I have the Forum App on my iphone & cannot find them there.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #114
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Just an update...

The links in the drop down menu at the top of the forums page have been updated.

The font size and contrast in ads has been popped up a bit.

We're still fiddling with a few more settings so please post if you see something badly amiss..

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
Still getting this:

WHOOPS! PAGE NOT FOUND.

The page or ad listing you are trying to reach no longer exists or has expired.

When I try to sort the parts for sale section by "newest"
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Everything seems to be working fine for me now.

How about a way to filter out the items that are marked sold already?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #117

Currently Looking...
Santa fe , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by panheaddale View Post
Why does everyone now days think things need to change? Newer? better? bigger? fancier? Don't like the new look, too busy and it is harder to navigate. SOMETIMES THINGS ARE BETTER LEFT ALONE.
I agree 100%. I especially HATE not being able to view ONLY recent year models. A category for the last 4 or 5 model years would be even better than the former 1987-current year category.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #118

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator bob View Post
I agree 100%. I especially HATE not being able to view ONLY recent year models. A category for the last 4 or 5 model years would be even better than the former 1987-current year category.
What site are you looking at?

From the new classifieds, point your cursor at "Browse Airstreams" and it drops down a menu with various options, some of which are under "Browse by year" and give you the choice of 2010-2014, 2000-2010, 1990-1999, etc. How is that not good enough?

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #119
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Janet....I look at the parts wanted from the Browse menu and now get the page. However, the sort by window does not work. Goes to the whoops .
Old 10-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #120
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
i have not read the complete tread but will comment as to what problems i am having.

When I first used the New Classified software it worked in that I could search for a given type of Airstream. However now a week later is not not work. When opened and attempting to search for a given type a drop down box appear in halftone and none of then will respond.

I was advised to use IE and that did work. However I use Fire Fox and would ask do you intend to have this software work with FF?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #121
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
I see what he's talking about: on my version of Chrome, I get lines with text written over them. (see area indicated by red arrow)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trash.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	286.4 KB
ID:	197320  
Old 10-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #122
Rivet Master

2002 27' Safari
Carmel-by-the-Sea , California
Send a message via AIM to Coastalview Send a message via Yahoo to Coastalview
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
I see what he's talking about: on my version of Chrome, I get lines with text written over them. (see area indicated by red arrow)
Aage, you may want to reconfigure your attached photo of your computer screen. No reason to publish your email address in the folder tab on the top
Coastalview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #123

1975 Argosy 24
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
I saw the same thing until I refreshed the page. Chrome had apparently cached some of an older version.

Il Carriaggio 1975 Argosy 24 | Il Progetto 1976 Argosy 28 Center Bath | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:20 PM   #124
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
First off, I will say that slowly I am seeing progress on the Classifieds. I have seen several bugs eliminated over time. I appreciate all the work that is going in to improve the Classifieds.

That said, the new Classifieds are still far inferior to the previous Classifieds in my opinion. To help explain, I will note that I rarely visit AirForums from computer any more, unless I intend to type up a post. Otherwise, almost all of my visits are from an Android smart phone, including visits to the Classifieds page.

On the positive, from an Android phone, the Search feature didn't work properly when the new Classifieds were first launched. That has thankfully been fixed as far as I can tell. But after that, it gets mostly negative for me. I still do not like the new layout - it is clunkier to use than the layout from the old Classifieds. I hate having "featured" ads at the top - I just want to see the newest posts - period. Worse, viewing photos attached to a Classifieds post is almost impossible from an Android phone. The pop up window showing the photos just does not work well from a smart phone. Zooming and hitting the next photo button just requires too much constant manipulation. I'd rather have the photos view more like they do on the eBay app, where you can scroll thru them by dragging them side to side.

Bottom line. I used to visit the old Classifieds almost every day. Even after an adjustment period I find myself only visiting the new Classifieds about once every week or two. They are not easy enough to use to cause me to want to visit frequently. That is a shame for the sellers that hope to sell something on them.

Just thought you'd like some honest feedback after the filter of time and an adjustment period to get used to the new format (or not).
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #125
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Carolina Low Country , South Carolina
I agree totally. I look for a specific size but what is offered now is a size range. I have to wander through many I am not interested in. I thought the old way was fine, not sure I will ever get used to this new site.