Old 01-15-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Tucson , Arizona
need some help...

Need some help...we would like to include a picture on the 2007 contest, but our pict is 316mb an we don't know how to shrink it?? Also, what is HTML? and why is it off?.
Mike
Air # 12182

Old 01-15-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
You need some software to resize your photos. There are quite a few pieces for free shareware available to do this. You might try this one Image resizing, do it with PIXresizer

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Maryville , Tennessee
If you use Outlook as your email client, you can also select the images and right click, select send to, select email, and it will pop up a window that ask if you would like to make the images smaller. Once you do this it puts them in an email as attachements. You can simply cust and paste them into a folder at that point and you have reduced sized images that you can post.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by STREAMTEAM
Need some help...we would like to include a picture on the 2007 contest, but our pict is 316mb an we don't know how to shrink it?? Also, what is HTML? and why is it off?.
Mike
Air # 12182
Hi there Mike- Would love to have your picture in the photo contest. What ever software you are using with your camera should allow you to resize the photo. There are two types of resizing, one is the actual dimensions of the photo and the other which is the one you need is the size of the file. You should find the tools you need under the 'edit' function.

I look forward to your winning photo! be sure to post it in the correct forum!

Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 02:35 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1973 23' Safari
Tucson , Arizona
Thank you all...with all these good tips I should be able to get up and going with some picts!! I am, I must admit totaly new to this...
Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 12:48 PM   #6
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
JUPITER , Florida
Hello all,
I'm having a problem beibg able to 'sign on' to get started. There must be an easy way - - - point me in the right ddirection someone - - please - -
TIA

Richard
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Hi Acetone - what kind of trouble are you having?

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Old 03-22-2007, 05:53 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
1983 31' Airstream310
JUPITER , Florida
Hi Janet,
Seems like there's no easy way to 'sign-in' on the FORUM.
What am I doin' / not doin' - -?
It's a bit frustrating cuz there also is no link to click on to talk to someone at 'home base'.
I have a Classic '83, 310 Turbo Diesel that will arrive here sometime arounnd 20th of April. Having the opportunity to listen to the experiences of other Airstream owners is exciting cuz my wife and I are newbies.
I really appreciat your responding, and so quickly too !
Thanks.
What can I do about being able to put an icon on my desktop so I can just click and be off 'n runung ?
BTW. Tell me a little about yourself. Where are you - how long have you been RV'ing ? I'll rspond in like maner.
For instance: We live in Jupiter, Fl. Originally from Maine 'n Mass - - been here 25 years - - we have a daughter and familly that, not but 3 days ago, left for SC. They lived within 2 miles of us and saw them every day.
Trouble is, they want to build a house so there's no where to stay when visiting them. That's where the RV comes in. Travel will be more comfortable
plus we will be able to stay 8 to 10 days at a time. The RV will allow my wife reasonable comfort where a car is out of the question. Mary is on oxygen 24/7 and requires bulky equipment to support her condition.
Janet, I hope this is not boring you. Maybe I'll end it here for now and pick it up again later. OK ? OK !
Hope you can offer some help. Thanks again.

Richard
Old 03-22-2007, 06:07 PM   #9
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Some tips:

Next time you sign in, click the little "remember" box next to your log in. That way you won't have to re enter your password each time.

If you are a Windows user, once you have the site open, you can click on "favorites" in your browser window and then on "add to favorites" and save the site address. Next time you want to log in, open Explorer and click on the forums name and you will be taken directly to it.

Most folks view the "portal" page, if they log in every day. It shows the latest posts in every subject area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	add to favs.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	34393  

AirForums Custom Search