Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-07-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
Muting or turning off conversations

Disclaimer - This has nothing to do with my wife or in-laws.

I'm new and am thoroughly enjoying the amount of learning that is available as my wife and I study up for a purchase. That said, I'm wondering is there is a way to "turn off" conversations that aren't relevant to us in the unread area. It would help me to be able to filter the list down to the things I'm most interested in learning about, and a few searches came up empty handed.

Thanks,
Larry
YippieKiYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:24 PM   #2
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Hi Larry,

See post #23 on this thread...talks about how to implement the ignore function.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...s-44928-2.html

All the best!

Tom
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I routinely ignore individual threads and even whole sub-forums.

One thing post 23 in the linked thread doesn't say:

If you've posted to a thread, you're automatically subscribed to it. If you want to ignore that thread later— say you've already learned what you need from it and it has gone hopelessly off-topic— first you have to unsubscribe from the thread, and THEN ignore the thread. Because new posts in subscribed threads will always show up in your UserCP even if you've ignored them so they don't appear in the New Posts list.

It's a quirk of the system that you can both subscribe to a thread AND ignore it, as long as the subscription came first.

I found out by accident when I Ignored a thread I had previously subscribed to, and then had to figure out why I still saw it in my UserCP. Now before I ignore a thread, I always make sure I'm not subscribed to it first.
Old 08-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
Thanks gents - very helpful.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:19 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

Byron Center , Michigan
In case anyone else wonders, here's what Andy posted on the topic. Looks like it's a desktop function (I'm an app user), so I'll flip to web view to resolve.

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

Based on your feedback from we have developed a new more comprehensive ignore system. This new system allows you to ignore forums, threads, and threads started by people on your ignore list. It currently ignores these items when you are browsing the forums (you don't see threads or forums you have ignored), in search results, on New Post link or Today's Posts. It also skips them if you are using the next/previous thread links at the end of the threads. It will also keep these threads from showing up on the portal too.

To select a forum to hide you need to select the Forum Tools drop down and then select hide forum (see attachment). To select a thread to hide, use the Thread tools drop down and select hide thread (see attachment), to ignore threads started by people on your ignore list, go to the bottom left of the User CP where you will see a settings link and check off the box to ignore their threads.

Once you have ignored these forums and discussions you will not be able to see them in case you want to unignore them. So if you do want to unignore them there are tool in the bottom left of the UserCP to manage the items you have selected to ignore.

So now if you don't like the a certain forum, just hide it. Same goes with threads, if one is bugging you, just hide it. You can even hide threads based on tags. So if you want to ignore threads on a specific topic by ignoring tags. If you chose not to hear anymore about an ignore system feel free to hide this thread too !

Regards,

Andy

http://www.airforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=832717