Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Question Missing Posts

Increasingly lately, I have returned to Airforums after a day or two to find that posts I had previously made have totally disappeared. Recently entire threads I have posted to seem to have vanished. While reading some recent threads and pondering this, I think I may have discovered a solution.

If I place the user ID's of all the moderators in my ignore list, will this keep my posts from disappearing?

Ken
Old 07-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Notification would be nice if there is a removal along with an explanation. I don't think that is too much to expect. I was given thanks and notified by e-mail. By the time I clicked on the link to see what post has earned thanks I got to a you don't have permission page and then looking for the thread it was entirely gone. The entire thread did not need to be removed. I have noticed a substantial increase of whole threads and multiple posts being removed in the last week.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Ken, we have removed several threads recently that were in opposition to our forum rules. Specifically, discussions about moderation are off limits. The reasons for this are complicated but in large part have to do with rumour control and privacy issues. Moderator actions are between the member and the site team and are simply not other peoples business. We take this seriously and ask that you honor this as well. A read through our forums rules - the very same ones that you agreed to when you joined, should answer most questions. Threads that tend to attract moderator attention usually have to do with politics, religion, and vendor disputes.

If you have an issue with another member there are several things you can do. You can IGNORE them. We have a tool to help you do this. You can elect to ignore posts by individuals, or you can ignore an entire thread. You can contact a moderator if you have a problem that can't be addressed in other ways. You can report problem posts as well and we appreciate the input.

There are some places on the web where anything goes but AIR isn't one. We aim to be friendly, fun and collegial and hope that members will respond in kind.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Closed Thread