Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
Unhappy logging in repeatedly

Why do I need to log in again and again? Every time I go to a new part of the website, I am required to log in again. I check "remember me", and no change. Seems that I should be logged in to the full website, and able to move between classifieds, forum, support, posting new threads, etc. without having to re-log in on every screen change. Please explain what I have done wrong???
aeriqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:47 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Not totally sure - but you might check your System securty settings. If they are at high - try going to medium. It sounds like a cookie handling issue to me.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
Janet, I'm having similar issues but different. My desk computer (Windows XP home) is not recognising me at log in. I'm ok on my laptop and my bus computer, both are XP Pro.
I log in and it bumps me back out to the log in screen. Cookies are o.k. for 1st party, prompt for third party, security is medium. Popup handler is not the issue as I've tried it both on and off.

Please help me
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Weirton , West Virginia
GlenCoombe, I am having the exact same problem with the first log in, it always gives me an error page the I click airstreamsform.com on that page and I go right in. I am also having problems seeing images that are included in the post, they just are not there! I can view photos in the albums without any problems. I think the site has a problem. The site does not allow me to vote on any of the polls either.
Ray
wannabefulltime'n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:28 PM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I PM'd Andy R about your problems... I am out of suggestions. Sorry for the problems.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 11-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Arlington , Texas
I'm having similar, maybe related problems, too. Not sure, but I thought airstream.com and airstreamforums.com is the same basic site. I can always log on with success to airstreamforums.com. HOWEVER...when I try to log in on airstream.com, using the SAME screen name and the SAME password, I get this message that I've entered an incorrect name or password. Absurd! May be true once or twice...but everytime?! Can't get a straight answer or a fix on this problem. Would LIKE to interact with both sites, but guess I can't have my cake and eat it, too!
sierrajb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
AirstreamForums.com and Airstream.com are different sites owned by different entities. it looks like we are having some log in issues here - please be patient. Sorry for the hassle.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 11-16-2005, 04:40 PM   #8
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierrajb
I'm having similar, maybe related problems, too. Not sure, but I thought airstream.com and airstreamforums.com is the same basic site. I can always log on with success to airstreamforums.com. HOWEVER...when I try to log in on airstream.com, using the SAME screen name and the SAME password, I get this message that I've entered an incorrect name or password. Absurd! May be true once or twice...but everytime?! Can't get a straight answer or a fix on this problem. Would LIKE to interact with both sites, but guess I can't have my cake and eat it, too!
sierrajb,
Airstream Forums and Airstream.com are two seperate enities. You need to register seperately for Airstream.com

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #9
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Click the remember me button before completing the sign in process and you should be fine. It happened to me and after I checked that box and logged in, all was good.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 05:29 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1951 21' Flying Cloud
Western , Kentucky
I used to have that problem. I had bookmarked the classified page and was starting there. After I changed my favorite to the portal page and started logging in there it stopped happening. Maybe just a coincidence though. There is no logic behind it.
CaptainJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 11:51 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
at this rate I'll never forget my password!!!

thanks for all the suggestions...yet no change. My cookies are set to medium-high, and I've set the www.airforums.com to always allow cookies, and I keep checking the remember me box. Still each screen change requires another log-on. Help???
Old 11-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Sounds like cookie problems. The first step in dealing with cookie issues is to check your settings. Generally a 'medium' setting will work fine. The next thing to do is to clear your cookies. You need to be aware though, that will clear ALL your cookies and clear all of the log-in info stored for all of the sites you visit. It's not a bad thing to do occasionally anyway, just to keep things straightened up. You might also want to clear your cache. Again, not a critical item, but may sometimes help. If checking your settings, clearing your cookies, and clearing your cache doesn't help, well... then you need to call somebody who's a lot more experienced with this stuff than me!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:52 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , California
ok, thanks all - seems to be fixed now - It was McAffee blocking the cookies!! I think??!?!?!