Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
1989 25' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Missouri Valley , Iowa
Latest forum topic access

I have an annoying problem when reading the forum topics and then going back to the full list page with the latest threads. Usually I can click the back arrow just once to return to the list page. Sometimes it takes two clicks to get to the page. Occasionally, it will take 8 clicks on the back arrow!!! And once in a great while 8 clicks will take me back to a blank page. As I said it is just annoying - not a problem. This seems to be a random thing. I never know when it will take more than the normal 1 click to go back to the list!! I am NOT tech savvy - which may be my biggest problem.

Dan

Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer Dan View Post
I have an annoying problem when reading the forum topics and then going back to the full list page with the latest threads. Usually I can click the back arrow just once to return to the list page. Sometimes it takes two clicks to get to the page. Occasionally, it will take 8 clicks on the back arrow!!! And once in a great while 8 clicks will take me back to a blank page. As I said it is just annoying - not a problem. This seems to be a random thing. I never know when it will take more than the normal 1 click to go back to the list!! I am NOT tech savvy - which may be my biggest problem.

Dan
I set a bookmark for the landing page on the forums that I first want to go to - in my case "All Bambi Models". You could do something similar and then be able to go back to the beginning with one click.

On a side note if you click on the User CP link in the blue bar (on the top left), look to the right and you will see a link in the blue bar to all of your subscribed topics. Any new postings to those topics will be in bold. You can also select the type of notification you want for subscribed threads - I usually choose "No Email Notification" so my inbox doesn't get cluttered.

WBCCI #6497
Adventure.AS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:47 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I suspect this may varies widely depending on the browser you are using. I do not see anything of this nature using Fire Fox. FF returns me to the original post I was reading that gave me a link. One tap of the back button returns me to the post.

One thing that sometimes is annoying and sometimes not is that if I am subscribed to a tread, say the Canopener, and a new tread reference it. If I click on the link it will take me to the last post I read on the Canopener tread. That can be several posts from the most recent post and forces me to read all post to bring me up to date.

Even if I leave a Tab for another open Tab if I go back to the Forum I still retain all previous pages used in that Tab.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:53 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
Phoenix , Arizona
Re: Web page navigation tips

Tip: If you are using a PC, on the Web page with the list of topics, RIGHT CLICK on the post you wish to view. Then, select "Open link in new tab" to open a new window. When done viewing, close that window and return to the window that contains your original list of topics.

Alternately, you can RIGHT CLICK on the orange box with the left facing arrow to open the first post in the thread; or, RIGHT CLICK on the orange box with the arrow pointing to the right, in the "Last Post" column, to open the latest thread entry.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:41 AM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I have always used a different method to get back to the list. I either hit the 'PORTAL PAGE' box at the upper left or the 'AIRSTREAM TRAILER AND MOTORHOME OWNERS COMMUNITY' tab at the bottom of the page. This way, you get a refreshed list with new entries. By just back clicking, you get the same list as you came from without any new entries.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can return to the list of new threads by clicking on the Portal button near the top left corner of your screen.

1946 Spartan Manor
1954 Va-Ka-Shun-Ette
1964 Overlander
1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper
1974 Sovereign
2005 F-350 SRW 4x4 crew cab long box
TAC ON-5
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote