Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2018, 06:00 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Hi: A friend sent that old photo to me via email. I don't have any history of it at all. I see a lot of early sixties vehicles in front of early sixties Airstreams. A big rally for sure.

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:38 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Thx David, I've seen a lot of vintage photo's but not that one, it was beautiful.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
1969 21' Globetrotter
Conifer , Colorado
Boy, couldn't we have a lot of fun arguing about which tow vehicle we see in this photo would be the "best" one.

Towing even a lightweight Airstream 55 years ago would require a lot more skill than the modern tow vehicles require.

Now back to the history of Air Foruns...

David
WBCCI #8607 VAC Region 11
KnowledgeBase trailer renovation threads: 69 Globetrotter, 76 Sovereign, 75 Overlander, 66 Trade Wind Such fun !
dbj216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:06 PM   #24
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvestysly View Post
If you can combine a trial period that migrates to a discounted subscription price for supporting members of your other forums I think that would entice many members to make the transition and provide a great level of goodwill for loyal forum members. I like the way you're thinking!
I agree that sounds like a nice setup. The problem we have right now is the backend system for RV Trip Wizard doesn't allow for us to give a trial followed by sign-up. It's all or nothing. That's why we have the 100% money back guarantee. In January we had less than 3% of the people who signed up request a refund.

We are currently working on a new back-end system. Once that is done we will be able to do trials periods and other cool stuff. Pretty much, most of the people who take time user/learn the system all love it. So one idea we had was to create a user promotion system where users who really enjoy the tool can earn a few months free access by promoting the Trip Wizard to other RVers. Another idea might be free access for members who contribute lots of content to our sites (posts, reviews, photos, etc). Basically, find a way to say thank you for those who are taking the time to help other RVers. Those are the fun ideas we look forward to exploring ASAP.

In the meantime, since planning season is going to be ramping up. I'm going to try and find a way to offer Supporting Members a discount. This will likely be a hack way of doing this just so we can provide this offer to our supporting members sooner until the new back-end is ready.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:41 PM   #25
TinCan

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I have been fiddling around with RV TripWizard for about a week now. Not a very good program. Very cumbersome to use. Much easier for me to just google my next stop and search for rv parks.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:13 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by graysailor View Post
I have been fiddling around with RV TripWizard for about a week now. Not a very good program. Very cumbersome to use. Much easier for me to just google my next stop and search for rv parks.
Hi Andy! My wife and I have been using Rv Trip Wizard for 7 out of the last 9 months while traveling across the county. I love the program and use it almost exclusively. Its connection to RV campground reviews makes it especially useful. If it's not on your map, just type in the search box and your program will find it. We love the mile radius feature that captures campsites within our driving range for the day. We can see how many miles we've traveled so far and the entire route can be displayed with a table of all the stops, mileage, costs, etc. Having a constant Airstream connect hotspot helps us use the online program wherever we are and we can bring up the program from any of our devices when we need to.

Greysailor, you need to spend a little time with it to learn all the features. RV Trip has some very nice planning ideas and tracking features that helped us a lot while traveling. To say it is "not very good" after one week of use is a little disingenuous. We love it.

Thank you, Andy, for the rich sources of RV information you have provided us over the years. I recommend to everyone, become a supporting member and contribute to this community.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:44 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Appreciated.