Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2017, 07:11 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Is there a way to Save a Thread

Outside of making a comment to a thread is there a way to save a "Topic" you want to follow to the equivalent of "Favorites"?
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:36 AM   #2
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Yes. Look at the menu bar part way down from the top and you will see Thread Tools. This drop down menu has a selection for Subscribe.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Yes you can subscribe to a tread and that will send you a notice when ever that tread has a new post to it.

However if you want to save the tread just for general reference you can save the URL and file it on your computer in what ever filing system you chose to use. If you are using Fire Fox you can save a URL to a tool bar. I have hundreds save under dozens of topic titles. This will allow you to access the tread on demand
Do not attempt to rely on the search feature within Air Fourms. It does not work. if you have lost access to a given tread often Googling the topic will lead you to Air Forms.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:43 AM   #4
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Just to complete the information: The same magic bar that lets you "subscribe" also gives you the ability to unsubscribe to a thread. The emails you get from subscription will come to the email address you gave when you registered. They also have a link at the very bottom that can be used to unsubscribe.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:47 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Washington , Missouri
I agree with all of the above and personally save links to the desktop (for renaming as appropriate ad filing in sub-folders..plumbing, ele etc.

It took me awhile before I stumbled on this but just to the left of the log out button "quick links" drops down to "control Panel"

At the top you'll see all the subscriptions that have a new post you haven't opened. If your current with your reading click on the "view all subscribed threads" to the right and it will list everything you are currently subscribed to. I tend to stay subscribed as this is a good backup to my folder filing of thread links system. I haven't gone there but at the bottom of the subscription page where is shows all the pages by number, you can click on a thread and "move to a folder...go" I presume once you have your folders set up.

This control panel page is also be where you see the "thanks" listed. Note the red arrow to open and close the section...something I hadn't picked up at first.

Bob
CruizinDux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2008 19' Bambi
2012 23' Flying Cloud
2016 25' Flying Cloud
Bandera , Texas
I can only do this on my iPhone;
I simply email the thread to myself and file it on my laptop. If I have commented on the thread, even to simply say "following", I will continue to get new updates to that thread, until I unsubscribe to it.
banderabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
1987 29' Sovereign
1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , Florida
I believe it might be necessary to be logged in to get the entire thread tools menu too.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
369goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 09:49 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2013 30' Classic
Kent , Washington
Here's a couple of other suggestions:

When you subscribe to a thread, change the Notification Type from "Daily updates by email" to "no email notification". This will totally eliminate all the emails, which can be overwhelming. You'll still be subscribed to the thread, you just won't get emails. So how will you know when there's an update? That leads me to my next suggestion.

Change your Airforums bookmark to your User CP. This is how I have mine bookmarked:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/usercp.php

When I click on the link, any subscribed threads which have been updated since my last visit are listed at top. Subscribed Forums (if any) are listed next.

Hint: If you click on the thread link, you go to Page 1 Post 1 of that thread. Better to click on the last page of the thread or LAST to quickly go to unread posts (scroll to bottom of page). Or better yet, under the "Last Post" column, click on the little arrow to view the last post. At that point, I typically read from the bottom up to get caught up on unread posts.
ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch
WBCCI #7878
time2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:06 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
San Diego , California
Outstanding all. Tnx for the help!
Bexar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:47 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1964 26' Overlander
1974 31' Sovereign
Milton , ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2play View Post
Here's a couple of other suggestions:

When you subscribe to a thread, change the Notification Type from "Daily updates by email" to "no email notification". This will totally eliminate all the emails, which can be overwhelming. You'll still be subscribed to the thread, you just won't get emails. So how will you know when there's an update? That leads me to my next suggestion.
Good idea! As an alternative, I like to get the emails so I can see when a thread has been updated, but I also use Google Inbox for mail and have all the Airforms notifications go to a Bundle. That way they're easy to view with one click when I want to see them, but I don't have to scroll through them to see other stuff in my mailbox.

1965 Avion C-10 Truck Camper (65avion.home.blog)
DavidsonOverlander is offline   Reply With Quote