Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #1
Displaced Beach Bum

2016 30' International
Texas Airstream Harbor , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to beachbouy
I tried to post for an hour...

Doing an update to security again? Went through the CAPCHA requirements and then a blank page. Finally after an hour I was no longer required to use the CAPCHA and could post.

Have you considered adding a status Page with announcements when you you will be working on the site and limiting the maintenance to a certain times?
We drag Mitzi a 2016 International 30 w/Goodyear Endurance, Equalizer 1000, pulled by a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4, Crew Cab, 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3, 3.42 axle, 8 speed auto WBCCI #6111

Old 08-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
It is free. Hard to complain too loudly about an occasional short delay.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
Old 08-20-2016, 02:08 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
This is happening again IMO, and the Captcha process does not seem to be working right. If the site is "Down for Maintenance" could there please be a screen to that effect? I have tried multiple sessions ending up at the Captcha dead end every time.

Thanks,

Peter
Old 08-20-2016, 02:14 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
PS -- The Captcha images are very small and hard to decipher, as to whether each one contains, for instance, a store front, grass etc.. Any chance to using the standard other process in which the user simply has to type in a string of text symbols which appear in a site-generated "I'm not a robot" box?

Thanks

PS2 -- Has The Argue Thread been blessed with an elevated level of Captcha scrutiny?
Old 08-20-2016, 04:53 AM   #5
Displaced Beach Bum

2016 30' International
Texas Airstream Harbor , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to beachbouy
Maintenance Mode is very simple and it's using WordPress's wp_die() function which is core function of WordPress, which makes this plugin feel and work as a part of WordPress core. There is settings page under "Settings" in the main wp-admin menu where you can enable maintenance mode or change content using WYSIWYG editor so you can also add pictures, links etc. When activated and logged in as admin, you can see website as usual, rest of the users / visitors can see maintenance mode. You can see the maintenance mode as admin in preview mode using preview link on the settings page or simply open website in private mode or different browser to double check if it's enabled and working. There is also indicator in admin bar that changes colour to red when maintenance mode is enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
We drag Mitzi a 2016 International 30 w/Goodyear Endurance, Equalizer 1000, pulled by a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4, Crew Cab, 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3, 3.42 axle, 8 speed auto WBCCI #6111

Old 08-20-2016, 07:46 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
This is happening again IMO, and the Captcha process does not seem to be working right. If the site is "Down for Maintenance" could there please be a screen to that effect? I have tried multiple sessions ending up at the Captcha dead end every time.

Thanks,

Peter
Thanks, Peter, for posting this... I feel your pain...

Additional information on the parallel thread, Re:CAPTCHA "I'm not a robot"

Old 08-20-2016, 08:00 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
The site is not down for maintenance, and when it is there is a message that appears.

I have no idea what the captcha is you are getting. I have never seen it.

Rather than starting a thread about a site issue, it would be more effective to pm one of the administrators here...Janet, Stefroberts or jcanavera...to advise of the problem and ask for help in resolving.

Maggie
Old 08-20-2016, 08:04 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily&Me View Post
The site is not down for maintenance, and when it is there is a message that appears.

I have no idea what the captcha is you are getting. I have never seen it...

Maggie
The CAPTCHA test appears on occasion when you have completed a rather lengthy post or have taken a rather long time to compose a post, and when you click on "Submit Reply" or "Preview", the CAPTCHA test appears, and you must correctly respond to the test for your post to be published (appear on AirForums).

Bill
Old 08-21-2016, 05:29 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Good morning, Maggie. There does appear to be a problem which affects a number of users IMO, so this sub-forum seems like an appropriate place to discuss it. Please see my new post in the other thread, plus the recent new reports there:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ot-155600.html

Thanks to all the moderators and site team for a great site!

Cheers,

Peter

PS -- That other thread has "Captcha" in its title, so for the long run it is a better venue for this discussion. [IMO]
Old 08-21-2016, 06:55 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I think so, too.

Closing this duplicate thread and referring readers to the other.

Maggie