Old 05-23-2006, 07:34 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

1973 24' Argosy 24
Clovis , California
I read that "warn" and is as most other boards have, a good idea with ability to be flexible.

I went to another "want ad" link and tried it, no post there, and no "New Thread" link either.

Old 05-23-2006, 07:40 AM   #16
1 Rivet Member

1973 24' Argosy 24
Clovis , California
That place was here:
http://www.airforums.com/class...cat.php?cat=27

Old 05-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
Yakima , Washington
second blue bar from the top, right hand side, click on "Place an ad"
AIR 7834 WBCCI 2105/VAC
65glbtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #18
Mopar Madness

1982 31' Airstream310
Jefferson , Georgia
Make Starting New Posts Easier!

I am no novice to web navigation and I am a member of several auto, motorcycle and boating forums; however, I must say this is probably the most obtuse and cryptic forum as far as startig a new post that I have ever seen! Clearly there is a problem when one has to search a site to figure out how to post!

Here's a suggestion to the webmaster(s) of this site. What about putting "Post" or "New Post" somewhere in the upper or lower menu... in a prominent place on every page of every forum? A route to post is not even found in the "Quick Link" pull down menu. Further, "New Thread" or whatever it's called is just plain illogical since it's really not a thread unless others have responded to it.

By convention, posting a message is the primary mode of forum communication and the word "Post" is what the majority of new forum users will key in on.

This is a great forum with ton of information, but why not make posting to it easy and abundantly obvious????

Make it clear and simple! This is not rocket science.

Oh yea, I'm still looking for the "New Thread" at the bottom of the page so I can post my question!
Old 06-22-2006, 10:30 PM   #19
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
The new thread button is located at the top of each thread kist in any subforum.

Click on the forums tab, select the subforum you are interested in posting to and open that subforum. You should see this:
Attached Images

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM   #20
Mopar Madness

1982 31' Airstream310
Jefferson , Georgia
Thanks

Thanks Janet. I see now... but here's the problem. If you utilize the quick links at the left of the page, say Repair Forum, you do not see "New Thread" at the top of the list.

Only if you go to the Forums link first and then select the subforum as you described is one able to start a new post. This really seems poorly designed to me and it would be very easy to fix things so that you didn't have to navigate the site by a particular route to be able to post a new message.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 PM   #21
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
OK - I see your confusion. Look on the bright side - navigating the forum is simpler than replumbing your trailer....

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 06:50 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
Coast , Oregon
Help with posting!?

I'm a newbie - I have no clue what I'm doing......I posted a question on the Appliance thread/forum and have had no response. Did I do something wrong or am I just impatient I don't want an email notification of responses - I can just look here - did I do that wrong????? I need a tutor!!
Have been "lurking" on the site for some time and love the info!!! Lots of great help. Decided it might be time to participate.....If I can figure it out
Thanks

Wow - I see I have a rivet??? How did that happen????
Old 07-24-2006, 10:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

You're doing fine with your 6 posts. You get rivets for specific numbers of posts. If you type "rivets" in the search box at the top of the screen and hit the enter key, you will not only learn about rivets, but you will start to appreciate the power of the search facility. Your post appeared on the appliance section, and I will reply to it shortly. If you go to the "user CP" button at the top of the screen, and explore, you will find all sorts of interesting features, including a list of all your successful posts.
Nick.