Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2009, 10:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Cold Lake , Alberta
Question how do you make post preview last longer?

Okay,further explanation, when I hover my mouse over a post link like the picture below. You'll see the box describing what the post contains. Is there a way to make that box stay up longer? I can't read as fast as it disappears.Click on the picture to make it larger if you need to.

Also, how do I remove a picture that I posted in the photos area of the site?
Thanks for any info...

trucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I've accessed Air Forums from a couple different computers in the past where I observed what you report -- the preview blips on and off in an instant. It makes sense that this is an issue with your browser.

Are you on a PC? Do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox? I'd suspect this may happen only on one of the browsers. And I suspect the preview is a Flash plug-in feature. What version of Adobe Flash do you have? Go to Adobe - Flash Player -- there's a small box that tells you in the middle of the screen. For instance, I have version 10,0,22,87 installed.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Not sure if this is a computer setting or a forum setting but just for information sake the pop up stays displayed on my computer for 6 seconds in IE and FF.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #4
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
It stays around that long with Safari. If it decays before I'm finished, I just move the cursor off the title and then back, and presto, it's back!

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
If you slowly move the hand curser along the subject, the preview will stay up till you stop moving.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1973 31' Sovereign
Cold Lake , Alberta
Question how do you make post preview last longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
I've accessed Air Forums from a couple different computers in the past where I observed what you report -- the preview blips on and off in an instant. It makes sense that this is an issue with your browser.

Are you on a PC? Do you use Internet Explorer or Firefox? I'd suspect this may happen only on one of the browsers. And I suspect the preview is a Flash plug-in feature. What version of Adobe Flash do you have? Go to Adobe - Flash Player -- there's a small box that tells you in the middle of the screen. For instance, I have version 10,0,22,87 installed.
I use Firefox the most, on a HP PC I have Adobe flash 10,0,22,87 also. It does the same thing in Internet Explorer. On some other forums I visit they don't have a preview at all?
Thanks
trucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Some posts by members suggest they haven't seen this problem. The preview box goes away in about half a second -- even if you leave the cursor stable over the thread title. My experience was that it affected some threads on the airforums.com portal page but not all. Odd in any event...

I've been talking with somebody in the background. It's not a Flash issue. The preview runs on a system called Ajax. We'll search for other instances of forums experiencing this and post back to to this thread.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote