Two more posts to get my second rivet!
Congrats!

Old 02-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markj55 View Post

I believe one member (we all know who he is) had some 1,400 posts in less than a year and before he even owned an Airstream... Facebook on our forum... And too much obsessing.
I'll preface my comments by acknowledging that perhaps you had a different intent than appears to me. But this note sounds a bit elitist to my ear.

So Pharm's excited - what's so wrong about that? You don't have to read a single one of those 1400 posts if you don't want to. That's the beauty of a forum like this - those who think I'm a jackass are entitled to skip over my useless observations and obsessive dog pictures as they wish. Or they can listen. I've learned a lot here, hopefully helped one or two people along the way and still have lots to learn. I'm now going to search out your posts and see what I can learn from you. That's what makes it "our" forum.

Happy camping.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #31
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I'd rather be a rivet master than a 2.5 million miler on Delta Airlines. For that, I get a Gold Medallion membership for the rest of my life. AND that ain't much for spending that many hours in their airplanes. MUCH rather have spent the time in SilverLeaf with my OWN bathroom, decent food, and my two basset hounds!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 03:02 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Hayes , Virginia
Don't nock the Santa suit until ya try it. Ya'd be surprised how many Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders have shopping lists. However, I normally forget what they want by the time they crawl off my lap. And, for some reason they don't want to hear about my 19'er Airstream
Old 02-19-2015, 09:29 AM   #33
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
I'd rather be a rivet master than a 2.5 million miler on Delta Airlines. For that, I get a Gold Medallion membership for the rest of my life. AND that ain't much for spending that many hours in their airplanes. MUCH rather have spent the time in SilverLeaf with my OWN bathroom, decent food, and my two basset hounds!
Me too, retired a year ago with 4.5 Million on Delta and 3.7 Million on USAirways. Gave as many as I could to kids, nieces and nephews and many were about to expire so Millions went to the Fisher House and to Make-A- Wish. Both airlines said if donated to those and a number of other like minded charities the miles would never expire.

Never plan on flying again, we've got our silver bullet and hopefully it never gets airborne.

My Best

Bud

Bud & Alice - Bud Posting
Abby- Black Lab-TDI Certified
Hopey-Yellow Lab-TDI Certified
2015 30' Flying Cloud
2015 F350 6.7 Diesel Crew Cab
USAF - Military Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #34
2 Rivet Member

1954 22' Flying Cloud
Kirkland , Washington
Just reading this thread made me think of the irony: The true rivet-masters of the world grew up in the Industrial Age and were long gone before computers came along. My dad set millions of rivets in B727s years ago and hasn't read (or posted on) an Internet forum in his life. Meanwhile, some of the Airforums rivet-master greats could theoretically have never bucked a river in their life. Perhaps the term should be "irreversible aluminitis". Whatever the case I thought it was funny, but in no ways do I mean to diminish the contributions of those who post here. I've learned so many valuable things through this forum simply because people keep the communications strong. Thanks to everyone who makes this a fun place to learn!
Old 05-05-2015, 10:54 AM   #35
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
Huh?
Old 05-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #36
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54fuselage View Post
Just reading this thread made me think of the irony: The true rivet-masters of the world grew up in the Industrial Age and were long gone before computers came along. My dad set millions of rivets in B727s years ago and hasn't read (or posted on) an Internet forum in his life. Meanwhile, some of the Airforums rivet-master greats could theoretically have never bucked a river in their life. Perhaps the term should be "irreversible aluminitis". Whatever the case I thought it was funny, but in no ways do I mean to diminish the contributions of those who post here. I've learned so many valuable things through this forum simply because people keep the communications strong. Thanks to everyone who makes this a fun place to learn!
You can edit your status if you don't want to track AirForums rivets. Once I hit Rivet Master (I've never bucked a rivet in my life) I edited mine to read "Figment of my Imagination" because I am a figment of my own imagination.

To paraphrase René Descartes…
I think, therefore I think I am.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 04:50 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
By talking a LOT ;o) ;o)

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote