Old 08-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
PSU1981

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
How do you follow a member?

I have been getting great advice from this forum since 2015. Some of the members give really good/detailed advice.

Is their anyway to follow some of these members posts or threads?

Thanks,

Glenn

PSU1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
PSU

I predominantly use this (AirForums) on an app on my phone so it does not have the full amenities of a desk or laptop version.

The threads here are predominantly based on category. So electrical, plumbing, interior, exterior, hitch, tires vintages, year models, food, hobbies things like that.

Bye highlighting a particular member you could view all of their posts. You could also view all threads started by a particular member. For instance Lou Farber (sp?) an electrical genius posts a lot about solar and electrical and you could highlight him and look at all of the threads or posts that he has been a part of.

It's not so much a following like you might do on FB or on a Blog.

it really takes a while to get used to the formum and the way that it functions. There is so much useful information here but sometimes digging it back out can be a little arduous.

By subscribing to a thread you in essence are following that entire thread. For instance we have vintage airstreams and try to follow several remodel threads. I just hit subscribe to the actual thread and every time that particular poster or something new comes up in that thread I will get notified that in my subscribed threads there is something new.

if I am just quickly perusing the forms I may just read my subscribed threads, ie the ones that I am following to see what's new.

If a thread starts to vear off the topic I was interested in initially by unsubscribing or unfollowing you won't get updates anymore but they will still be in the daily postings.

That could likely be as clear as mud but hopefully it helped a little bit since nobody else responded.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
PSU1981

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Thanks that helped a lot!

Glenn
Old 08-19-2018, 02:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Good advice before from Hittenstiehl.

FWIW when I read a thread of interest, I bookmark that page in Firefox, and keep recent bookmarks in a dated folder. Every few days, another dated folder is created. In Firefox, it is easy to open all the bookmarks in a folder, to review recent threads of interest.

Also the new search function in the blue box above works great, and is often the easiest way to find something you liked a while ago. You can enter the user name as one of the search parameters. The Google-powered search does a good job IMO.

Also maybe clear as mud, and not exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
PSU1981

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Spring , Texas
Thanks Peter !!