Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2004, 05:56 PM   #1
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
**How Can I Fix It?**

I need for some computer guru on this forum that can answer this question to help out!

I can't get the animations to play. Is there something I need to check or what? Any suggestions welcome! The animated avatars used to work but now they don't. Does anyone have a clue as to what I can check or what might have happened?

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 08:51 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Re: **How Can I Fix It?**

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvertwinky
I need for some computer guru on this forum that can answer this question to help out!

I can't get the animations to play. Is there something I need to check or what? Any suggestions welcome! The animated avatars used to work but now they don't. Does anyone have a clue as to what I can check or what might have happened?
Is your Java enabled? Did you recently clean out a bunch of cookies, or delete a flash player? These would be the first things to check. I think these little animations are java-based, probably Eric (silvertwinkie) could tell you a little more, he seems to have a passing knowledge of these things. If he doesn't surface soon, you could try PM'ing him.
Terry
Old 02-25-2004, 09:48 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Most any animation on a website that stays fixed in one location is a sequence of .gif files. We create .bmp files in Paint programs and .jpg files with digital cameras or capturing off the internet. Apples and oranges right? You can convert .bmp files or .jpg files to .gif with specialized small programs, like Graphic Converter (www.graphic-converter.net , $19).

Before you do that you want to make sure the intended image does not exceed 100 pixels wide or 75 pixels high (same size as the thumbnails for airstreamphotos.com). Certain photographic programs can resize photos -- my small Canon's software didn't though.

Then I have used unFREEz freeware to sequence .gif images. I save that file to my desktop or a handy folder, then upload it to these forums at my 'user cp.'

For more, see How to animate your avatar for Organic Hosting's method. I discuss more of the above at tincanluv's post. (Hint -- both of these threads could have been found by searching on 'animate' and 'avatar')

But really -- charity is the heart of my motivation. Check out the above, then reply on any of the threads -- that will get back to me or others who have contributed on this topic.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #4
Rivet Master

South Shore , Kentucky
Quote:
Is your Java enabled? Did you recently clean out a bunch of cookies, or delete a flash player?
I checked a couple of things and the java is enabled! I do occasionally empty all of my cookies. I'm not sure about the flash player. I'll have to look at that later.

"A safe camper is a Happy Camper"

Bill & Donna

Air Forums Member # 2360
Silvertwinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 10:43 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Oh-h-h, You aren't trying to create an animated avatar? Gilda Radner would say, 'Never mind.'

Flash Player wouldn't matter to .gif animations (which is what moving avatars are).

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 02:48 PM   #6
Confused & Wandering

1993 34' Excella
Right here, , where ever I wake up
Send a message via AIM to Theo
If you have a software firewall, the security settings of it, or your intenet browser could be set to not play animations.

Zone alarm has such settings and so does IE - I run linux so I can't go look, but if I remember right it is the advanced tab of the privacy or security settings - there is a box to check: play animations.

Theo