Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chico , California
Forum Navigation for Newbies?

Hello everyone! Is there a link to a place with FAQ's or an overall rundown of how this site works? Such as search functions, adding photos to threads, and all the other questions that I am sure to find as I begin my membership here!

I'm having basic navigation questions and I don't want to spam threads by asking questions many others may have already asked.

Bon Voyage everyone!
Amnesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
Here's a link to this Website's FAQs, which may answer a lot of your questions:

Airstream Forums - FAQ

Welcome to AirForums!
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:43 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chico , California
Thank you Pheonix! That was very helpful! I still cannot find out why I am unable to post any photos, but the other information was helpful for other questions.
Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
GLENDALE , AZ
I think there may be some restrictions on postings (and probably photos) for newby's. You may need to wait until you've added a few more posts or a little time has passed. Others may know the details on this.
Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 12:00 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Another thing to keep in mind is the fact that the Search Function within the Forum does not work at all. To search use Google and topic you are interested in. Then just look at the answers that reference Air Forums.

When you open Post Reply to a thread you should see a paper clip about centered on the top tool bar. Click on it and a drop down box should open. Click browse and look through your computers picture files till you find the picture you want to upload. Click on the picture and then click open and the file name should appear in the first browse box. Select a second picture or just click upload. Preview your post to be sure the picture uploaded.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:16 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Cincinnati , Ohio
It works!

Hey, thanks for the tutorial. Uploading the pictures worked for me! Here are the results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Airstream in snow.jpg
Views:	541
Size:	338.6 KB
ID:	254911   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeSoto site 125 cmp.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	254912  

Outdoors4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Chico , California
Attempting the tutorial

HowieE for the win, again! Happy New Year everyone btw
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20151230_094218.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	244.8 KB
ID:	254913   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151230_094252.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	286.1 KB
ID:	254914  

Old 01-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2009 28' International
Pacific Palisades , California
Nice pics! Welcome aboard.
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:08 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm123 View Post
Thanks Peter,
For the information on sub Forums.I am somewhat new to the AS forums. It may be just me, but I find the search bar in forums almost useless and usually end up typing key words into the google search bar and hope I come up with the correct forum choices. If I am missing something let me know, I find it very frustrating. To try and search for specific key words or topics. I usually get a couple of pages that pop up that have nothing to do with what I am searching for.
Ken
Hi Ken, I hope you don't mind, but I am answering here in the Site Admin sub-forum in an existing thread which is somewhat On-topic. I have a couple of suggestions about searching here.

First, after hitting Search in the blue menu bar above, I go half-way down the pop-up box and enter search terms in the Google Search box. [not in the Search Forums box at the top] This search function will process more terms efficiently IMO, so I usually try to enter 3-5 search terms which are all necessary to the info. I seek.

Alternatively, I open a new window in my browser and, also using Google as the search engine, enter "airforums 2016" followed by the search terms to look for recent on-topic threads here. For your interests on the 16" Michelin/Sendel thread, I would enter "airforums 2016 16" michelin sendel" and see what pops up [without the quote marks entered of course].

Voila! The thread you just posted on is at the top of the Google results list.

It all depends on the search terms you use, and of course on Google's algorythms, to focus in quickly IMO. If a search does not yield good results, I change the search terms by usually adding a term or two.

Another approach is like grabbing a book and looking through the table of contents. Go to the blue organizational layout at the top left [the terms separated by the blue ">" symbols], and click on a "book" whose contents you want to peruse. For instance, from here you could go up to "Airstream Community Forums" and click on the heading. Each one that opens lists a bunch of sub-forums or threads.

If you spend some time just "clicking around" the organizational layout of this site, you will be amazed both at how many topics are covered, often from different angles, and also at the depth and wisdom of the knowledge here. Humorous replies are fun also, especially from the old-timers who have seen the same questions asked a zillion times [ IMO ].

In the case of your 16" Michelin'Sendel questions, it does not take long to find the "Tires" sub-forum if you have checked out the "tables of contents" before, again in my opinion.

Feel free to ask questions, and either I or someone more knowledgeable will do our best to reply.

Good luck!

Peter

PS -- If a poster asks you for more specific information, like the exact model of your trailer, it is also helpful to getting information here if you answer as best you can . . .

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:44 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Peter,
Thanks for your help. What you are recommending makes sense. I will play with the options you are suggesting. I have to admit, I have had a hard time finding forums I have posted on or seen in the past. One question, did you have any experience with Centramatic balancers?
Ken
pkm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:06 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Yes, I save important threads as Favorites or Bookmarks depending on the web browser to find again. No experience with Centramatics but will probably get them when I upgrade to 16" Michelins. TBD depending on travel plans.

PS check out the User Control Panel to toggle on/off all kinds of options. [via Quick Links menu link at top right]
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:23 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Thanks again. The toggles are great.
Ken
pkm123 is offline   Reply With Quote