Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas Center/Des Moines , Iowa
Editing classifieds

Hi, trying to edit. I am logged in but do not see "Seller Details" or "Product Options". I have done this before but it just is not there. Help....
iowaroots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Hi,
Are you sure that you are properly logged into the classifieds? Remember that the classifieds are run by separate software and require separate log-in, so just being logged into the forums does not log you into the classifieds.

Lynn
Old 03-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Earthcreeper, it looks like you've already deleted your ad ... so you can rework it?

Look at this screen grab:
Click image for larger version

Name:	classifieds.png
Views:	130
Size:	199.4 KB
ID:	180923
One - I was logged into classifieds and then went to my demonstration ad.

Two - the screen shot was taken after I clicked the 'Product Options' link in the upper right corner of the ad. That causes the white-lettered menu to drop down.

Three - the second arrow points to the 'Edit Ad' link

Other classifieds info: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...tml#post612696

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yep, I have done it before but I am just not getting the job done. I have logged out. I have deleted all browser history and cookies. I have gone back to Airforums.com and logged in, clicked the remember me box. Welcome sign, logged in successfully. Then I click Classifieds, then Trailers Wanted. Then I have clicked LOGIN far right and there my information for login is there with name and password, submit, successful confirmation. Then to my ad. No Product Options. I agree, it acts like I am not logged in. It worked a few weeks ago for me. I must be going down-hill fast.... This is a sign, I'm sure of it.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Okay, I see your ad here - Airstream Classic 25 - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale

Another screen grab - I am logged in to classifieds is this next image. The fact that is shows 'Logout' is the indication that I'm actually logged in already.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
OK. Apparently I am not getting logged in. It always says "LOGIN" on the far right tab when in the "Wanted-Trailers" area. I click the LOGIN tab, do the LOGIN, it says I was successful but when I get back to the ad it does not show the "Product Options" and the tab still says LOGIN. Confused.

When I do this login, should I be returned into my ad? That does not happen.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
I think that your cookies are being deleted by your security protocol as you change pages and you are being logged out. (check to see if you can set your security settings to medium.)

Once you get logged in to classifieds, go to the section that you listed your ad in and open the ad. Do this without navigating back to the forum. You should see some edit options. Once you edit your ad, scroll down and SAVE the edits. If you still can't get this to work, shoot me a PM and I can edit it for you.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Thanks you guys for all the help. Problem resolved. It was a cookies issue.

Once on the ad I r-clicked and went to View Page Info, clicked Permissions, then Set Cookies "use default". Now working. I now remember changing this setting myself a while back when I was trying to stop all sites (Google, Costco and so on) from popping up ads after tracking what I was looking at on line. You know the routine. I got carried away apparently and also blocked Airforums.....not good. Many thanks. Joe
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Glad you got it resolved. It's a pretty common scenario and as we use cookies to keep you logged in at page changes, your excellent description of the problem was HIGHLY helpful. You may be able to specifically enable cookie exchange with AIRforums and the classifieds and go back to your more draconian cookie settings

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote