Old 11-21-2015, 09:42 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
In making some of the changes that Janet suggested, I then run into issues with accessing financial institutions. FYI, I use Safari instead of an app on my iPad.

Again, is the return on the pop ups worth the issues it causes for Airforum users?

Old 11-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1975 27' Overlander
Mission , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
I think your phone has to be a 5s or newer. I have a 5, and I had to download a separate blocking app. The app sends the ads and popups onto a virtual VPN (a virtual virtual private network?), and off to oblivion.

Nope ... 4S ...

Old 11-21-2015, 10:28 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member

Geismar , Louisiana
I have the same issue using my Android tablet. It is a Nexus 7 but I haven't tried saving the cookies. I will try this for sure as it is really frustrating to have to load a page then hit the stop button before the popup can be loaded/triggered.

-Dane
Old 11-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2015 23' FB International
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
As I have commented on another thread on this subject, this is far and away the worst site I experience in terms of pop-up frequency. I really don't believe users should have to go through several steps and alternate settings to make it tolerable.

But it is what it is.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:54 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I don't even begin to get it.
The mobile app for iPhone and iPad (iOS) and Galaxy Note (Android) have no pop-up ads.
Those who are having pop-ups must be accessing the regular website from their mobile devices, not the mobile app.
Go to iTunes or Google Play and download the app. No pop-ups and easier to use/view.
I agree that the regular website is pretty crappy and archaic, but the mobile app works great.
I just got an idea- I'm gonna attempt to download the app to my iMac.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 12:57 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Nope. Cannot download the mobile app on my iMac.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 11:32 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2008 25' Safari
Littleton , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by m.hony View Post
I don't even begin to get it.
The mobile app for iPhone and iPad (iOS) and Galaxy Note (Android) have no pop-up ads.
Those who are having pop-ups must be accessing the regular website from their mobile devices, not the mobile app.
In my case, you are correct. I get a daily email/digest of posts, and forgetting that I actually do have the app installed, I just start clicking on the listed topics. That's when the pop-ups start. I will try to remember to use the mobile app and see if the pop-ups diminish.
Old 11-22-2015, 07:34 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1957 22' Caravanner
1971 27' Overlander
2004 25' Safari
Jourdanton , Texas
Overlander63 was dead on for my problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
It sounds like you have accidentally enabled "private browsing" on your iPad.
This happened to me a year or so ago, and I was ready to throw it out the nearest window, until I discovered the setting I had changed.
If you use the "view open tabs" in Safari on the IPad, you expose the private viewing option on the page header. All it takes is a misplaced finger on a five finger swipe and you enable "private viewing". When in private you get two indicators on the screen. Private becomes highlighted as black letters in a white field. Close all tabs in Safari and a message appears that tells you the consequences. Both are very easy yo ignore when you are in a hurry.

Jim
Old 06-30-2016, 05:51 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Did you change something overnight regarding that annoying daily pop up? I am using the main full site on an Apple iPad Mini, and have usually been able to log in with the pop up appearing only once, but I had the timing down so it worked for me.

I do not want to use the mobile app, but it seems as if you may be pushing people in that direction? I have not cleared my cache or deleted cookies, so I thought that the pop up was controlled by a new cookie each log in to prevent more than one pop up?

It is doubly troublesome this morning because I recently increased my password, per the site's suggestion, and it took ages to complete the log in.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions, and for dealing with the recent DDOS attack. This is a great site!

Cheers,

Peter
Old 06-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #24
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Yesterday there was an update to the mobile app and it's likely that this was the cause of the 'nag'. Are you still having trouble after dismissing it?

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:24 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Yesterday there was an update to the mobile app and it's likely that this was the cause of the 'nag'. Are you still having trouble after dismissing it?
Yes still having trouble on the iPad Mini. At home earlier the site was fine on my laptop. I am usually able to beat the new delayed pop up at home with a keyboard and mouse at the ready, even with the new longer password.

Now on the road, and the nag popped up 17-18 times in rapid succession after I quickly entered my user name. I was able to enter 3-5 characters of my password at times before the nag kicked in, which required Xing it away and starting again with the P/W. Finally I gave up with trying to enter the password and just focused on getting rid of the beast each time it popped up.

Finally it stopped popping up, and I was able to enter my new longer/safer password in one attempt.

"Nag" is certainly a good term !!!

Thanks,

Peter
Old 07-01-2016, 07:02 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Janet FYI I am in a different WIFI spot on the Mini still, and using the full main site. I cleaned cache and deleted cookies, and the pop up came up once or twice, so I waited for more but they never came, then I logged in without further incident.

Go figure . . .

Did you just change the code?

Thanks,

Peter

PS I assume you know there is a new pop up each time asking if I want to download the mobile app? Never! Can't stand any of the mobile apps. Period. [further rant postponed ]

Could you add something to the new pop up like "don't show me this window again" ?
Old 07-02-2016, 08:03 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
FYI this continues, although the nag only popped up 7-8 times in a row this morning, using the main full site on the iPad Mini.

Have a good weekend.

Peter
Old 07-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
Mesa , Arizona
OTRA sorry for the digression but....May I ask what your displeasure is with the mobile apps.

Thx

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote