Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Commercial membership question

I have bought a bunch of A/S parts. I will be selling them for profit.
Do I need to change my membership to advertise the parts?
Do I need to add a business (for which I have no name (yet))
This is a one off venture and when the parts are gone, I will be a regular member again.
Where can I find info on this please?
A PM with the info would be great, if thats possible

Thanks

Bex
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
To sell your parts you do not need to become a commercial member. There is a place for regular members to sell parts.

Click on the "classifieds" tab at the top of this page.

When that opens click on "place an ad". If I remember correctly you will have to log in again, using your same user name and password.

Scroll down until you see the appropriate place to advertise. I think the one you want is something like "Parts and Appliances - not a dealer". Click where you want your ad, then fill in the blanks.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Hi Bex,

Selling is limited to the classified ads section of the site. You can list the parts there for free. Commercial Member status is guided by the community rules quoted below. Feel free to contact any site team member with any questions you may have.

Good Luck,

Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Community Rules
Airstream Related Commercial Posting
AIRForums was founded as a medium for the exchange of thoughts, ideas, questions, experiences and knowledge related to Airstreams, Airstream history, renovation and camping, and sharing that information in a friendly, non-commercial atmosphere. We recognize, however, that many of the most experienced, informed members have an Airstream-related commercial interest and that their years of experience as an industry professional are the very foundation of their enhanced knowledge.

Because that wealth of experience and information is a treasured resource at AIRForums, we allow and encourage those members with a Airstream-related commercial interest to share their insight with all members and guests who visit AIRForums. No member is exempt from any portion of our Community Rules while participating at AIR, nor are those members with a related commercial interest restricted in their usage of any part of AIRForums. Every member is invited to participate in all areas of AIRForums, but when Commercial Members are discussing their own product, service or company, they must respect and conform to all Community Rules and participate within the following specific guidelines:
  • Members who have a commercial interest in participating in our community may be identified as commercial members at our discretion. Any posts that are deemed to be unsuitable will be removed, and repeat offenders will have their account suspended.
  • Commercial Members may not solicit our membership or advertise except as specifically allowed in these policies or by prior arrangement with Social Knowledge, LLC. This includes: posting prices, directing members to phone for more info or directing members to any pages at their own commercial website or website in which they have a commercial interest, including informational pages.
  • Commercial Members may quote prices only in the Commercial Posts Forum.
  • Commercial Members are prohibited from making direct, emotionally-charged posts to, or about, competitors.
  • Commercial Members may not post product comparisons.
  • Commercial Members may not use any section of the forum except the Commercial Posts Forum to discuss their product, service or company unless answering a direct question from another member, and even then may not quote prices outside the Commercial Posts Forum.
  • Commercial Members may not use the main Forums to direct others to the Commercial Posts Forum.
  • Signature Standards: Registered commercial members may have up to 3 signature lines including blank lines and one link. The format of this link shall be the vendors business name with an embedded link, font size 2 (see example below) and general location (city and state). Signatures may not include email addresses, phone numbers, prompts to contact or a sales pitch. Statements that promote the business outside of these guidelines will not be permitted. Signatures must follow our forums posting standards and only one line may be bolded. Commercial members also registered as Premium/supporting members may add a 4th signature line and include an additional link to a non-commercial website. Signatures found to be out of compliance may be edited by our site staff with no prior notice. Example signature:

Dallas, TX

Air # 2

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
Bex
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Eckville, Lacombe County , Alberta
Send a message via Skype™ to Bex
Thanks Guys!
Bex is offline   Reply With Quote