Old 08-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by doorgunner
I've written a few threads. one was about heaters, the other about replacing a key switch in my Burb. I actually got karma from folks for both posts. I'm thinking an area that members could go to and find good info is a worthwhile pursuit. I really think the "search function" needs help. I have recently participated in the reviews section. How about a few more catagories there- like grills-rain shelters- fuel additives- wetting agents etc. I'm talkin about informative reviews. And if someone has a new area possibly PM a mod and have a new catagory issued. Just a few thoughts Ireally do like the review section and think it could be a great resource if members were aware of it's existence. You'ld be surprised what I could write about! Keep tweakin it, it's getting better. Thanks DG
I agree with DG. I recently inserted my idea, with pictures, of an adapter to better mount the Sewer Solution to a rear bath dump connection. DG had just out a 'review' of an over the tanks bike rack so although my subject wasn't a 'review' per say I thought it would be a good place to place my idea for others. I got a couple of karmas and good comments.

Neil and Lynn
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 10:56 PM   #16
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Thanks for continuing to contribute!

The articles section is intended to be a new, supplemetal section and different in structure that the reviews section.
Here is an example from another site of how this will look when it's up and running. Contractor Talk Articles and of course it will be about Airstreams...

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:00 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Thanks for continuing to contribute!

The articles section is intended to be a new, supplemetal section and different in structure that the reviews section.
Here is an example from another site of how this will look when it's up and running. Contractor Talk Articles and of course it will be about Airstreams...
It looks slick. But isn't that what we use airforums anyway?

Neil and Lynn.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 12:17 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Janet,

Do you anticipate having a template or something for folks to work with for their articles? Or do folks just submit their stuff and someone edits?

Thanks!
Claudia
Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #19
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Claudia - Currently, there is no template. If you would like to become a regular contributor, you can register to be an author. If you would like to submit an occasional article, you can submit the text to a moderator and any images and we will format it for you (hopefully little editing will be needed). Article formats will be fairly simple.

Wanna write???

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:26 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet

Wanna write???
Probably at some time... but not ready for "regular" contributor... that implies deadlines, duties, and all that. But as a happy retiree, an occasional submission might be really fun!

Have you come up with a specialized list of "wanted" articles? I know there has been some discussion on this. Just wondering if anyone is generating a list of what would be liked as far as the group or Andy wants? Or is this more an open field, make a submission and see what happens?

Once winter hits and more computer time is evident, it might be a good time.

Claudia