Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-11-2008, 09:13 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Classified ads gone

When I post a new classified advertisement my others disappear. I know we are allowed to have more than one advertisement at a time. Or is there a new rule I don't know about?
Kristi Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hello Kristi. Placing a new ad should not eliminate any previous ads that have not yet expired. You will receive an email notifying you of any expiration -- click the link in the email -- not much will seem to happen but that's the way the software is built. It's kinda kludgy but it works.

I would most strongly suggest that you rely on members contacting you through AIR Forums member contact and edit/remove your email from the public ad. Web bots scour websites looking for obvious email addresses in the format xxxxx@xxx.com -- and then Katy bar the door for all the spam you will be inundated with after that!

Back to disappearing ads... Yes, I seem to see only one from you right now. Are you starting new ones when signed in at Classifieds by clicking 'Place an ad' at the upper right on the menu bar?

I just put up two test ads and they both appeared properly.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristi Foster View Post
When I post a new classified advertisement my others disappear. I know we are allowed to have more than one advertisement at a time. Or is there a new rule I don't know about?
Your duplicate ads for your awnings were deleted, you had over a dozen of them, all saying about the same thing, except for size. The newest one was left in place, and will "age out" in about 3 months.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Classified ads gone

The new classified advertisement posted normally. Yesterday, both the older ad and the new one were there together. Today, the older ad is gone. A couple of weeks ago, the same day I renewed an ad it disappeared as well as all of my other ads. When I posted a new advertisement, all of the ads including the freshly renewed one vanished! I have never had this happen until recently. Any suggestions?
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Awning advertisements removed

Thank you for explaining that my awning advertisements were deleted purposefully. Now I at least know what happened to them. A variety of different sizes and different striped patterns offers people choices. One size awning does not fit all Airstreams and just one striped pattern does not appeal to all tastes.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
There's no reason you can't offer, and show photos of, more than one style awning in each ad. It would be easier to keep track of one ad, interested people could see at a glance you offer more than one. Listing each awning separately is roughly equivalent to having separate ads for a left and a right tail light. A bad analogy, but the best I can think of on the spur of the moment. Yes, they are different, but they are also the same. A casual browser in the classifieds would see multiple awning ads, and incorrectly assume they were duplicates, or worse, some kind of spam.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Jonesboro , Georgia
Deleted awning ads

Yes,that is a bad analogy, considering my husband sells vintage car parts! So, even though my awnings are all different colors, sizes and prices you plan to continue removing all but my present advertisement?