Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-18-2016, 05:35 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Janet: re:#19

On edit - this was meant for Janet in response to post #10. And I got the white screen trying to submit it ��

Thanks for the info and the work you and the site team do.

Would it make sense - if the target is classifieds - to separate out the classifieds as a second app/site just for Airforums Classifieds? That might allow other forum discussions on GYMs, Hensleys and comparing truck sizes �� to remain unfettered and also concentrate protection efforts where needed most.

Either way, thanks again!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:43 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1976 29' Ambassador
Fitchburg , Wisconsin
The App on my iphone won't connect to Airforums but accessing usinh Safari seems to be fine.
Dennis
dennis3751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:54 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
Please see post 10. This is a result of the Cloudflare Browser check services. You may need to refresh or reload the page.
I'm using IE 11 and Firefox, it does the same on both. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes I get the white screen and I can go back to my post and press submit again and it works, sometimes I go back and the post has been erased. If I didn't save the text before posting (like one I did just a minute ago) I get a blank reply screen and have to start over.

I have tried refreshing and reloading, turned off Ad Block, it makes no difference. The behavior is the same for both browsers.

There is probably an issue with their site's load balancer. A load balancer will distribute web traffic across several servers. If you can go to a site once and there is no issue, then go again and there is an issue, the load balancer is trying to send traffic to an invalid address, so you get nothing. It's just the luck of the draw which way the load balancer is routing you.

It's very frustrating.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:36 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2015 23' Flying Cloud
2023 Interstate 19
Scottsdale , Arizona
I can't log into the forum using Tapatalk now. Is this a result of the ongoing problem?
cactusjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:46 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Speaking about lesson in patience - and my sincere apologies for being totally off topic - but how does one set the forums to read the latest unseen in a thread when using safari? It works that way on the app but on Safari I can hit "new posts" and it always takes me back to post #1 in a thread. Thanks for any help you can give.
Go up to Quick Links then User Control Panel in the drop down menu. Toggling to View Latest First is in there someplace. Or under Options maybe?
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 07:09 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Speaking about lesson in patience - and my sincere apologies for being totally off topic - but how does one set the forums to read the latest unseen in a thread when using safari? It works that way on the app but on Safari I can hit "new posts" and it always takes me back to post #1 in a thread. Thanks for any help you can give.
What Otra15 said....click Edit Options and scroll down.

It's a setting here, not on Safari.

You'll find it.

Maggie
Old 06-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
. . .
I have to remember to copy everything to the clipboard before I press submit.
On a Mac in Firefox -- FYI -- when I get stuck on the white screen, I have been able to go Back, and the text is still there in the message composition box. Hitting Submit Reply once again seems to work most of the time, but not always.

FYI and for the mods/admins as they try to figure this out.

Have a good weekend all . . .

Peter
Old 06-18-2016, 10:18 AM   #28
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05 View Post
Thanks for all of the updates and info, especially the Mac info.

Any idea when the mobile app will be back up?

Thanks
One option if the app is not working is to use the sites native mobile view (no app needed). from a regular browser, you can scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and look in the lower left corner for the style chooser (small box) select mobile. The mobile view is pretty stripped down but you can surf and post

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 11:56 AM   #29
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis4x4 View Post
Tried to post and get a blank screen with Firefox. It seems that I can post to an existing thread, but I can't start a new thread.
Me too using gmail and Google Chrome. Tried to start a thread describing my experience changing axles on my '67 Overlander and after the text I had just spent an hour composing was lost for the 3rd time, I gave up. It was a disappointment because I had done a lot of research with some vintage folks and when the time came, experienced some unexpected surprises. For example, we found what appear to be California redwood shims between the Henschen axle brackets and the trailer frame that appear to have been factory installed. That was a pleasant surprise as I had anticipated having to compensate for the 1"rise on the new Dexter axle brackets which wasn't necessary.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #30
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob D View Post
Me too using gmail and Google Chrome. Tried to start a thread describing my experience changing axles on my '67 Overlander and after the text I had just spent an hour composing was lost for the 3rd time, I gave up. It was a disappointment because I had done a lot of research with some vintage folks and when the time came, experienced some unexpected surprises. For example, we found what appear to be California redwood shims between the Henschen axle brackets and the trailer frame that appear to have been factory installed. That was a pleasant surprise as I had anticipated having to compensate for the 1"rise on the new Dexter axle brackets which wasn't necessary.
Going on a tangent here (perhaps a cul-de-sac)....

I have similar trouble sometimes when I'm using my laptop. It's not a problem with the newly implemented software on this web site. Instead, it seems my fumble-fingers accidentally hit some series of keys and the screen just goes blank. For that reason I've started composing threads/posts/messages using a separate text editor and then copy & paste into my thread/post/message.
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:29 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob D View Post
At the risk of stating the apparent -- [edit -- similar to the previous post's advice]

You can always compose a message in Word etc., and then copy and paste it into the forum, which will use a default font etc..

A drag to have to do this, but it would work. It also lets the author edit and correct things before posting, use spell-check, etc..

Another Plus to this approach is that you end up with your own document on your own computer, which can become the basis for further additional information, like an owner's manual of sorts . . .
Old 06-18-2016, 12:48 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Whew! iPhone app back up again! Thanks team!!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #33
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
Running Mac OS X, 10.9.5 and Chrome browser; no problems.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #34
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Do you find that BitDefender AV is actually finding viruses/problems on your Mac(s)?
So far BitDefender has not found anything bad actually running on my Mac, though it has pounced on some infected SPAM, for which I'm grateful. That's exactly the kind of thing I wanted, as it helps prevent infection via clicking on links or opening evil attachments. BitDefender also offers a "Traffic Light" extension for your browsers, which you should install along with BitDefender. That extension helps warn you if you visit a known bad site or one that's questionable.

BTW, I do *not* have a "blame PC's" or "blame Windows" mentality. With proper protection from attack, those tools are wonderfully helpful to have. In fact, I run Windows on my Mac (via Parallels) and on a laptop at home. Bottom line, I don't believe Mac is in any sense "safer" or "less vulnerable" than Windows. I choose not be complacent and use some form of protection from the bad guys on all my computers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
On the current protection for this site for the DDOS attack, is there some kind of "flood control" for multlple posts going on?
I can't speak to the details of the Cloudflare DDOS protection (because I don't know exactly how they're doing it), but I would guess that any difficulty with multiple posts is similar to the difficulty some have had with single posts. When the DDOS attack finally dies down, things should return to normal.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:09 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Peculiar , Missouri
Thanks Janet...
drew05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 05:27 PM   #36
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
Everything seems back to usual, so I am assuming the DDoS attack is over - thanks Janet and the other mods for doing their best to keep us safe!
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #37
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
I do look forward to the day of Skynet and we can send a Terminator to pay a visit to the offending bastards. I'd like to see their faces as Arnold comes through the computer at them. glasses and all.

Any chance of getting their address, so we could all send them a bloody thank you very much card ourselves and swamp their bloody network.

Thanks to the site team and mods for all your work, hopefully no sensitive information was released.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 12:45 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isuzusweet View Post
I do look forward to the day of Skynet and we can send a Terminator to pay a visit to the offending bastards. I'd like to see their faces as Arnold comes through the computer at them. glasses and all.

Any chance of getting their address, so we could all send them a bloody thank you very much card ourselves and swamp their bloody network.

Thanks to the site team and mods for all your work, hopefully no sensitive information was released.

Cheers
Tony
Skynet (and Borg) would be coming after us as well, unless you happen to be a machine, of course.

Best to let well enough alone. I'd rather disappear into the inky blackness of the Interweb than stick my head up and yell "Hey! Check out my IP address! Come and get me."

It's summer, the script kiddies have nothing better to do than run someone else's scripts to aggravate the adults. I feel sorry for them.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:18 PM   #39
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Skynet (and Borg) would be coming after us as well, unless you happen to be a machine, of course.

Best to let well enough alone. I'd rather disappear into the inky blackness of the Interweb than stick my head up and yell "Hey! Check out my IP address! Come and get me."

It's summer, the script kiddies have nothing better to do than run someone else's scripts to aggravate the adults. I feel sorry for them.
Is this better or worse than a burning sack of dog poop on the front porch?

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #40
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag&Au View Post
Is this better or worse than a burning sack of dog poop on the front porch?
Better than burning dog poop. Worse than having your trees festooned with toilet paper.

But "script kiddies" aren't necessarily kids. They're wannabe hackers without the talent to write their own code, so they use code that has been written by real hackers. Most are young, but could be up to about college-age.

Tags
autorebba, scam