Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Dallas , Texas
Changing email address

I have a new email address, and here on the forum I've gone to "Edit My Details", and changed my email address there. I changed it several days ago, and when I checked today, my new email address was shown there.

However, I am not getting forum emails at my new address; I continue to get them at my old address. In a search of the forum, I found a post from 2015 that said a person who changes their email address should receive an email to confirm the new address. I don't believe I've received a confirmation email, and I have checked the spam folders at both my old and new email addresses.

Is there something else I need to do? Please help.

Thanks,
Russ
russingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
At the bottom left of this page in the blue border is a Contact Us link, and a inquiry there may speed things up.

I have also quoted Kevin from another thread, so he may be able to help as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
To request an account name change you need to contact the helpdesk using the "Contact Us" tab located on the bottom of the page.
I seem to recall that changes can take a few days here.

Good luck!

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:02 PM   #3

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Hi Russ,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties. Yes you should be able to edit your email address. Please confirm that you are following the steps shown in the attached images, and that you are saving your changes. If you still experience difficulty then click on the "Contact Us" link and we'll get this addressed.

Thanks,

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	148
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	279105   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	153
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	279106  

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	157
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	279107  

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:39 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Dallas , Texas
I followed all of those steps, and my new email address actually shows on the site. But I don't receive the daily email summary of new posts from the forum like I did previously.

I sent a message to "contact us" with all of the information.'

Thanks,
Russ
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
You might try signing up for the daily email, as if you are a new member, using your new email address. Maybe that function does not survive a change of address?
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:05 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2012 30' International
Dallas , Texas
Signing up for the daily email as though I was a new member worked. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2018, 03:29 PM   #7
AS I go! Thanks Airstream

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
How do I change the email address where I received the AirForum Airstream Daily? I'm not talking about the email I have set up to login. So I am not changing my email address, just where the Airstream Daily is sent.
Does anyone have a clue?
Theresa
TIWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #8

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
If I can't resolve this, should I just cancel my membership with AirForum and then sign up again using the same email to sign-in/login, and hope for a "hop up" to ask if I want to receive the AirForum "Airstream Daily", then use the new email where I want to receive it?
To clarify, I own two email addresses. One is a gmail account I use for my membership and how I login. Everything with the AirForum is tied to that gmail account EXCEPT, I use a second email, is a private one, where I receive the AirForum "Airstream Daily". I want to continue receiving the AirForum "Airstream Daily", so will need to change the private email address connected to it because I will soon delete it, getting a new one. The new one is where I want to continue receiving the AirForum Airstream Daily. I've been trying to figure this out for several weeks. So should I just delete my account with AirForum and start over? Or can someone direct me to a simpler way?
Theresa
Old 02-03-2018, 09:17 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Contact the forum moderators for help...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 07:55 AM   #10

2017 30' Classic
Pall Mall , Tennessee
I have achieved my goal, but don't know "how" it happened! I think perhaps something just started working as it should?

I've tried everything and nothing seemed to work. I was about to give up and just close my account with AirForum and start over in hopes I would receive the 'pop up ad'. I didn't want to do close my account because I might lose all my participation in threads and/or contacts, with the possibility I might not be able to use the same login ID. Also, excited about being a part of this community, I didn't want to get discouraged, but I was.

Then suddenly yesterday, without doing anything but signing in, as I usually do, "the Pop Up" Ad came up to sign up with the Airstream Daily! I was so happy. I signed up with the new email in which to receive the Airstream Daily, being different than my gmail account for all my links to The AirForum. This was my goal and for me much easier to view the Airstream Daily because I seldom check the gmail account.

I was so excited, I signed up two of my friends as well. I like to know "how" I do anything, so I can repeat it. In this case, I'm not sure I will ever know, but I am SO very grateful it worked out. It's a mystery.

Lastly, I think perhaps it might have been the website began working as it should because now I get the 'pop up ad' at almost every turn I take on the AirForm. I guess it is an "all or nothing" thing! Lol! For all others who were having this same problem, please let me know if you are receiving the pop up now.