Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Certificate errors

I'm getting a drop down message every time I come to this site.

The message reads...To help protect your security,Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.Click for options.

Even when I click for 'allow' the site is still slow.

This is the only website I visit that this occurs.The site is loading slowly for me and it takes about 10-15 seconds for each thread to come up which can be very time consuming and at time annoying.I have been spending less time here because of it.

Could someone with a little more internet knowledge point me in the right direction to fix this problem please?

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Yes, I love it when browsers try to put off security responsibility onto the end users... I don't see this when I go to my IE to log on. Suspect it has something to do with your specific browser version and how its security settings are configured. Can you switch anything in your Tools menu, Internet Options and see if that affects this warning?

Much of the download time to anyone's machine seems to be absorbed in ads. Can't say I should be in the business of recommending this, but I'd suggest installing AdBlock Plus to try for quicker page load times.

And lastly ... do you have Firefox installed? Yes, both FF & IE have become bloatware but I've never experienced either of these problems with FF.

Please report any progress or non-progress back here.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:39 AM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Chrome is a nice browser to have. It has some issues if you're like me... leave the computer "asleep" with multiple tabs open in the browser for days. Eventually you have to close/reopen it to reclaim some RAM, but it's fast and it's been a while since I've come across a site that didn't work properly in Chrome but did in one of the others.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
Yes, I love it when browsers try to put off security responsibility onto the end users... I don't see this when I go to my IE to log on. Suspect it has something to do with your specific browser version and how its security settings are configured. Can you switch anything in your Tools menu, Internet Options and see if that affects this warning?

Much of the download time to anyone's machine seems to be absorbed in ads. Can't say I should be in the business of recommending this, but I'd suggest installing AdBlock Plus to try for quicker page load times.

And lastly ... do you have Firefox installed? Yes, both FF & IE have become bloatware but I've never experienced either of these problems with FF.

Please report any progress or non-progress back here.
I have installed AdBlock plus and it seems like it has fixed the problem.

Thanks Bob

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
Old 05-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Good to hear, Mike.

DKB - I hope Google is listening to their public. It'll be interesting seeing where Chrome goes from here -- Breaking Up with Google Chrome Is Hard to Do

I use FF and it runs pretty well until I have 3 windows with ten tabs or so apiece and it's getting beyond 2-3 weeks since last full restart...

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #6

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by streamer23 View Post
I'm getting a drop down message every time I come to this site.

The message reads...To help protect your security,Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors.Click for options.

Even when I click for 'allow' the site is still slow.

This is the only website I visit that this occurs.The site is loading slowly for me and it takes about 10-15 seconds for each thread to come up which can be very time consuming and at time annoying.I have been spending less time here because of it.

Could someone with a little more internet knowledge point me in the right direction to fix this problem please?
Make sure your Windows PC is up to date on its patches. I ran into a problem here at the convention center where an exhibitor was having problems accessing his site due to security certificate errors. Interesting enough his IE browser was the latest and greatest. He updated the browser when he initially got the security errors. What he didn't tell me was it had been a year since his PC's were turned on. I found he was missing a multitude of Windows patches so I ran windows update and after an hour of updates, he went to his site. This time no certificate errors. I'm not saying that's your issue because there are a multitude of browser options that also could be part of this issue.

Bottom line many connectivity issues deal with PC's not having all the patches installed. You might want to try windows update to see if this helps.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #7
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
My PC has all the latest updates.I took your suggestion and double checked.

Thanks

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083