Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #21
Be Calm, Have a Cupcake

Vintage Kin Owner
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
This was not true for me. I got my RV insurance through AAA, but it is actually Progressive. The rest of our vehicles are insured through esurance (AllState). We had the trailer appraised and got an agreed value policy. We have never had to use it so I cannot speak to their follow through.
I called my AAA agent and mentioned that one forum member stated that AAA trailer insurance id actually Progressive. He stated that this is categorically false. AAA does not "sub" out their RV insurance, does provided "stated value" insurance as an option, which I have and does not contest the stated value on a claim. He stated that AAA RV insurance has a #1 rating by J.D. Power & Associates for RV insurance claims.

He did state that some agents, who sell AAA and other policies may sign a client up for another company if their RV does not qualify for AAA RV insurance, or for other reasons of their own choosing.

But AAA definitely insures RVs directly, and has stated value insurance.

I can tell you that I switched from Progressive when I heard from a neighbor in an RV park that their "stated value" claim was disputed and argued down to a much lower amount by Progressive.

Would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?
Secguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 04:20 PM   #22

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secguru View Post
I called my AAA agent and mentioned that one forum member stated that AAA trailer insurance id actually Progressive. He stated that this is categorically false. AAA does not "sub" out their RV insurance, does provided "stated value" insurance as an option, which I have and does not contest the stated value on a claim. He stated that AAA RV insurance has a #1 rating by J.D. Power & Associates for RV insurance claims.
Bizarre, because we went through AAA, and the insurance is actually through Progressive. Not through in independent insurance agent. Must be different in your state than in ours. This was the only RV insurance available through AAA in our area. We've had this policy for several years, in fact my husband was just in contact with them a month or so ago because we are going to have the trailer re-appraised because the value has gone up, and the discussion about doing that was with the AAA Insurance Agency rep.

Stefrobrts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Travelers Rest , South Carolina
In my experience with a half dozen insurance companies re: my AS, Stated Value is NOT the same as Agreed Value, backed by a copy of a recognized appraisal network such as IVAN. Stated Value is what you go on record as saying it is worth. The tears come when you have a major accident. I have had agent after agent misrepresent what Stated Value, and Actual Value mean and they were all wrong and I kept them only one year each.

The insurance company's Underwriters and their Claims Department determine what you get. If you go with something less than Agreed Value, backed by a certified appraisal, and written in the contract clearly as the means of settlement, be prepared to hire a good lawyer and litigate. Progressive, through Good Sam, offered me a real Agreed Value policy for a free standing AS, as did Nationwide, and I went with Nationwide as it was half of the Progressive price, but I would have taken either if necessary. Talk now is cheap, but when sorrow comes its only what is written in INK that will count.

WBCCI 2456 Georgia Unit 32
1990 Excella 29' Centramatics
2016 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 2500 HD 4x4
6.6L Duramax + Allison, 3.73 axles
dcasr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags