Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow Building a different index of thread topics

One of the options under the sub-head of "Thread Tools" is "Show Printable Version".
or something of that wording.

Does the software allow for there to be a "Printable Version" option under the sub head "Forum Tools"? I know it is not there now, but I just wonder if it is even an option for the Owner?

I cannot find a "reasonable" way to "lift" a list of all threads in a particular forum,
Other than cutting and pasting to Microsoft Word. and then you spend hours trying to omit and re-allign since you have to cut the whole page intially or copy one line at a time, which takes even more time.

When pasted to "Word Pad" it is even worse, and pasting to notepad doesn't shortcut the misery either.

As for my reason for wanting to list all threads in any particulr forum, it is just for my own indexing system ideas.
Someone suggested to me that I should bookmark them all and then try to harvest that list into a printable index. An advantage would be the listing of the URLs as well.
Might work (haven't tried) but I can think of no way to bookmark in mass. And doing each thread one by one doesn't appeal to me.

Any ideas appreciated.
thanks

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:22 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Arrow earth to Janet

Hmmmn well I guess either no one knows or more likely no one cares !

The cut & Paste to notebook is the best solution of the three, but not user friendly and not for me for long.
The prob is that when the forum content page is up, thre are some "columns" that I don't want to highlight prior to cutting or copying.
"Select All" of course is quickest but it captures even more crap that I don't want or need.

Is there a way to highlight "columns" without highlighting the whole line of each?
Of course if the page view was a true "table" I could do that. But the construction of the forum content page altho looking somewhat like a table of columns is apparently some other animal.

ForumAndy says he is planning some tweaks next week. Wish he would make the "Forum Tools" include a "printable version" if that is easily doable with his software.
I really expected to hear from Janet since she is usually Johnny-on-the-spot when anyone challenges anything regards to the workings of the Forums.
Maybe she's out camping..or musician'ing.
Will we see her on Survivor or American Idol anytime soon?

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:02 PM   #3
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Sorry what you are asking for is not available. The only way to print a thread is one at a time.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote