Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
And the winners are... (tagline contest)

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which of the 3 top taglines should be our official tagline and then decided that they were all excellent options. One was great for reading when speeding by another car at 70 mph (Dreamin' of Streamin') another was detailed about who we are and what we do here (Aluminating Discussions & Riveting Friends) and the other one as was also a great reflection (pun intended) of what is going on here 24x7x365 (All Aluminum All the Time). So I could not just pick a single winner. That being said we now have 3 taglines to use moving forward, they are:
  • All Aluminum All the Time - Submitted by BIGED52
  • Dreamin' of Streamin'- Submitted by AirHog1
  • Aluminating Discussions & Riveting Friends - Submitted by Andy R
Thank you for eveyones participation with this, all three winners are excellent and the next step will be to create logos for each. I will post more about the logo contest for each tagline shortly.

Regards,

Andy R
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Wait! Wait! I've got a great tagline- oh too late?

Well just just never know what it was.

All three are good ones!
Wayne&Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Nice taglines.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:32 PM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
All are excellent. They need to appear on the masthead, maybe alternating from one to another.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Hernando , Mississippi
All three suit us to a "T". Congrats to those who contributed and thanks to all for voting.

'Masthead'? how about use 'em as 'nose art' (ie aircraft..not ships!!!)

Fully retired now!
Remember:
Never start anything before noon and always plan on being finished by 5.
I will never HAVE to be anywhere ever again!
ScottW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Wow!!!!!

I am honored to be among the winners for our community tagline contest! I hope we can all see the benefit to our forums to have these three great taglines to introduce ourselves to our visitors/guests and friend members alike. This is a great place to be! We all really are Aluminating Discussions and Riveting Friends, who are held together here by All Aluminum All the Time, and certainly we are always Dreamin' of Streamin'! Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
All great! Thanks AndyR for setting up the contest and filtering down through the process.

We all won when AndyR set up the forum and folks started joining.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Bumper stickers

Maybe we should have some bumper stickers made up with the taglines on them. They could be the vinyl type that could be easily removed if necessary. I will post a few ideas later. Tell me what you think... Ed
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #9
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52
Maybe we should have some bumper stickers made up with the taglines on them. They could be the vinyl type that could be easily removed if necessary. I will post a few ideas later. Tell me what you think... Ed
Ed,

The plan is to have some contests with the community to come up with some ideas for graphics to use on merchandise. We can use a provider like CafePress.com and offer things such as shirts, cups, bumper stickers, etc.

The coolest part is we can do this as a team effort and
I will donate 100% of the profits from the sale of this merchandise to charity!

Beware, we will have to be very careful with the graphics to make sure they don't violate any Airstream, Inc trademarks but I am confident we can come up with amazing creative while also being 100% respectful of their trademark assets.

I will post more about this ASAP. Now I have to finish up this huge server project so we will be running as fast as possible.

Regards,

Andy
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:24 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Stuff etc.

Andy, That's exactly what I was thinking about. It will be very interesting to see what everyone can come up with for the designs on the different items such as hats, shirts, windbreakers, jackets, bumperstickers and more! Very exciting possibilities ahead.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #11
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
I am sooooo honored!!!

G

www.airstreamofarkansas.com

877-Air-hog1
877-247-4641

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
What ever happened to these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
I spent a lot of time trying to figure out which of the 3 top taglines should be our official tagline and then decided that they were all excellent options. One was great for reading when speeding by another car at 70 mph (Dreamin' of Streamin') another was detailed about who we are and what we do here (Aluminating Discussions & Riveting Friends) and the other one as was also a great reflection (pun intended) of what is going on here 24x7x365 (All Aluminum All the Time). So I could not just pick a single winner. That being said we now have 3 taglines to use moving forward, they are:
  • All Aluminum All the Time - Submitted by BIGED52
  • Dreamin' of Streamin'- Submitted by AirHog1
  • Aluminating Discussions & Riveting Friends - Submitted by Andy R
Thank you for eveyones participation with this, all three winners are excellent and the next step will be to create logos for each. I will post more about the logo contest for each tagline shortly.

Regards,

Andy R

Andy, Just wondering after 4-1/2 years what ever became of these great taglines and if they were ever used or not? Ed
Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #13
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
We can use a provider like CafePress.com and offer things such as shirts, cups, bumper stickers, etc.

Beware, we will have to be very careful with the graphics to make sure they don't violate any Airstream, Inc trademarks but I am confident we can come up with amazing creative while also being 100% respectful of their trademark assets.
Considering that CafePress is already in violation of trademark for unauthorized use of the WBCCI logo— which WBCCI just discovered last month— those two statements don't really go together.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Well, The point of looking up this thread was to see if I had missed the use of these taglines (as I was one of the winners) since I work out of town a lot and don't have access to the forums everywhere I go. I was looking forward to their use on AirForums related items for use on TV or Trailer/MoHo. Bumper stickers, decals and the like items that would help identify members to each other while traveling and use the taglines to help attract others to our family. The Airforums Oval was a great start and we certainly could use the Blue numbers that show you are a Forums member to other members (when they are posted on your rig) works too, Mostly when we're parked at a rally. The taglines (I thought ) were a way to show who we are to non-members as well as show our pride in belonging to this wonderful source for everything Airstream. Logos are great ideas and can be made to order so as not to anger the mothership. There are very creative members here that I am sure could come up with themes for logos and more items that would well represent and promote our group/club members! Ed
Old 02-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #15
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGED52 View Post
I was looking forward to their use on AirForums related items for use on TV or Trailer/MoHo.
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade (though it does seem to happen too often…). Just pointing out that Cafe Press has violated trademarks in at least one case, so they might not be the best source for merchandise featuring your taglines.

The idea of tagline-related merchandise is still good, but you might want to shop around for other vendors who actually pay royalties when royalties are owed, that's all.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Print vendor issue

The use of any vendor from 4+ years ago may be a moot point. At this point in time I was really just asking if any movement has been made on this idea using the taglines or if it had been lost in transition/time. Not arguing at all but wish to throw light on this past contest to see if we as a group are still considering using the taglines at all. I also realize that this is the time of year that most here who can are snowbirding and that may delay an answer. Hoping to hear something one way or the other soon. Ed
Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Oakley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
All are excellent. They need to appear on the masthead, maybe alternating from one to another.
Just like google's logo.
Phrunes is offline   Reply With Quote