Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Rivet AIRForums.com - Our New Domain Name!

I wanted to let you all know that we have moved to a new home on the internet. Our new domain name is

AIRForums.com

We made this move for various reasons and are very excited to have this behind us. We are committed to remaining an independant resource for Airstream Enthusiasts to share knowledge about all Airstream related products and services.

As many of you know, we are the largest Airstream site on the internet with an average of over 120,000 visitors per month (stats) since last summer! We have well over 100,000 pages of information including 29,000 discussions, 12,700 photos, 77 trailers & 17 motorhomes for sale in our classifieds (over 1,700 ads listed to date), hundreds of products in our review system and more.

We are just barely 5 years old (founded in February 2002) and are very excited about the next 5 years. We plan to add some amazing new features to allow our members to write blogs as they travel, upload photos and videos from their travels and edit them into a single video with music, to upload videos to create "how to" tutorials like best practices of polishing, how to shave rivets, etc. We are also working on a social network to connect 'Streamers across the country. That way you can keep in touch with everyone you meet right here at AIR!

I want to take this time to thank the members for making this such an amazing community. Without our awesome members this site would not exist so everyone deserves a big hand! I would also like to thank our Administrators and Moderators as they do an excellent job keeping the peace and keeping things organized and running smoothly! Also, I want to thank our former mods and admins that help make AIR what it is today.

We are a licensed Airstream partner and will continue to operate under our licensing agreement. That means that we have to ask you all not to produce anything that has our domain name, logo, etc at this time as our licensing agreement prohibits us from having goods like that without prior written approval from Airstream, Inc.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 31' Airstream310
Central , Ohio
Thank YOU, Andy, and everyone else associated with the site! Since my husband and I have found you, we have learned SO incredibly much to benefit us with our Airstream ownership, and hopefully we have helped a couple people too. The site is such a wonderful resource, but also the people are incredible.

We are looking forward to meeting lots of AirForums folks soon!

Susan and Brad

1984 310 Limited Motor Home "The Rockin' A"
Alumatube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Andy-

As one of your team members, I can not thank you enough for all the hard work and dedication you have given to everyone, and I mean everyone, here on the forum. Our contributors, members and visitors have no idea of the complexity of your hard work and to Vodo that you do!

Thank you Andy- Rick
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 02:48 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Tempe , Arizona
Just academic curiosity..

Andy,
As I have opined previously, this site is an example of how things should be done. Having to supervise a site as part of my job responsibilities, I have an awareness of how much work something like this is.
As a matter of academic curiosity, can you divulge the reason why you changed domains? Being part of government, the domain names I use are assigned in perpituity. We do have some commercial domain names which we are not gooing to be used in the future but I'd be interested in the reason behind your change so that I can be aware of any pitfalls you have encountered.

Thanks

Charter Member Four Corners Unit

WBCCI #2417
flitzwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Sigh of relief here. I must have tried to log in this morning as the site was moving. I got what appeared to be an FTP page--heart attack!

Andy, it's a great virtual world of Streamers you've made happen. Thanks again.

Zep
Old 04-11-2007, 04:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Hampton , New Hampshire
Great job - thank YOU!
2019 Airstream Classic 30RBT, 2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley, ACI #1313

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:56 PM   #7
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
great job, great place... so helpfull.
I just don't feel comfy as I don't have the golden rivet. Gotta change that soon...

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:11 PM   #8

evanston , Illinois
Great site,I haven't bought an airstream yet,but some day I will!
O'Rourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Hobe Sound , Florida
Happy

Thought my computer did bad things not being able to connect. to find the new site. Keep up the great site. Thanks!
raveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Just "five years" old? Don't you mean almost 10? I've been a member since '04 and wow how things have changed in our lives! From a non road worthy pile of aluminum and rotten wood, to our silver baby with many miles going down the road. Thanks for all the great help over the years!!!

67 Sovereign, double bed, rear bath-"Moby"
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, Quad Cab-"Ahab"
"Vintage trailer, vintage owners"
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #11
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 67 View Post
Just "five years" old? Don't you mean almost 10? I've been a member since '04 and wow how things have changed in our lives! From a non road worthy pile of aluminum and rotten wood, to our silver baby with many miles going down the road. Thanks for all the great help over the years!!!
The thread is 5 years old. The forum was 5 when the thread was started.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
The thread is 5 years old. The forum was 5 when the thread was started.
When folks necrobump old threads, it always makes me wonder how they are accessing the site and where they're looking? I tend to stick to the Portal, unless I'm looking for something specific in one of the Forums.

Anyway, perhaps we should do something to celebrate the AirForum's 10th anniversary. I'm a relative newbie, having only signed up in 2008, but these Forums have been very special and a great resource to me.

Heck, I found my (your) trailer right here on this very site.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by utee94 View Post
When folks necrobump old threads, it always makes me wonder how they are accessing the site and where they're looking? I tend to stick to the Portal, unless I'm looking for something specific in one of the Forums.

Anyway, perhaps we should do something to celebrate the AirForum's 10th anniversary. I'm a relative newbie, having only signed up in 2008, but these Forums have been very special and a great resource to me.

Heck, I found my (your) trailer right here on this very site.
I made some suggestions, and they were completely ignored by management. I'm not sure if they were good, bad, or just because it was me.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #14
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver 67 View Post

As you have pointed out this February is our 10th birthday! I have to agree, that the forum has changed many lives mine included. We have many new friends met, here at AIR and have traveled, laughed and had a blast with them. It's been a great 10 years and I'm looking forward to the next

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #15

Winnipeg , Manitoba
Thankyou for your joy.I'm in the midst of my first purchase,and I'm a V. new member.I feel revived!
Andrea Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 AM   #16

Winnipeg , Manitoba
I'm new to computer this week as well.Need a very special G.P.S. LoL.
Andrea Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 06:31 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
Good going Andy, Janet for being there for us and getting our Airstream diapers changed when they were needed!