Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-02-2016, 12:35 PM   #1381
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Springdale , Arkansas
OK OK I gave in. I just hate using Paypal. Money sent. Loose the popups PLEASE!
Retail6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 12:45 PM   #1382
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I love using PayPal, and do so every chance I get.

They are great with resolving problems, such as an item paid for but not received, and easy to go back to access anything in payment history.

Never had a problem with them.

Maggie
Old 07-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #1383
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Got the Sticker instruction sheet today...

...but no stickers in the envelope!

Guess it was a fumble--can someone address this issure and send me my stickers for my contribution...just got the envelope today.

Rich (stuff like this just loves to happen to me...)
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:04 PM   #1384
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
...but no stickers in the envelope!

Guess it was a fumble--can someone address this issure and send me my stickers for my contribution...just got the envelope today.

Rich (stuff like this just loves to happen to me...)
oops...

can you shoot me your address via PM and I'll get some dropped in the mail asap.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #1385
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
I HAVE Air stickers; I think they should send GOLD or SILVER rivets when one renews.
Mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #1386
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtandem View Post
I HAVE Air stickers; I think they should send GOLD or SILVER rivets when one renews.
Mike
I could use a few hundred as well, along with a new bit for the rivet shaver...

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #1387
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Sorry; I was suggesting colored rivet stickers instead of the oval AF stickers.
Mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:39 PM   #1388
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
paid membership

It's the members photos of "HOWDO" that make this site of any value.

WHY would you restrict that input, when the advertisers pay you for the traffic on the AIR FORUMS site?

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:53 PM   #1389
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
It's the members photos of "HOWDO" that make this site of any value....

And the super cool folks who hang out here....

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #1390
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
Capped Internet and Side Banner Advertising

Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
It's the members photos of "HOWDO" that make this site of any value.

WHY would you restrict that input, when the advertisers pay you for the traffic on the AIR FORUMS site?

Dave
I agree with masseyfarm here. I joined Air Forums because I needed guidance on how to repair the floor in my 1973 Sovereign.

Lately I've been posting photos from my own repair adventures on our 2009 FC in response to member's queries--posts that I hope bolster Air Forums relevancy to the Airstream community.

Yes, I get it that sites charge a price for admission, like the Street.com. But the Street.com has paid writers writing and paid editorial staff editing. Air Forums relies on pro bono user content. So I don't think its fair that I have to pay to avoid the Air Forums imposed burden of pop ups and side bar advertising. Now if I was just a lurker, making no contribution, yeah, maybe. But if I'm putting up posts on (example) how to fix your awning, showing in detail procedure and tools, I'm less sanguine.

But asking Air Forums members to pay for their own content is not why I'm writing. I could have let that one go.

Why I am really writing is the sidebar advertising. I have popup blockers and the popups don't come up even once. But the sidebar advertising??? Whew!! Every page view, and the page is locked until they all load.

To explain, I live in a rural area and have no choice but to use satellite internet, which is capped, expensive, and slow. It appears that the sidebar advertising reloads with each Air Forums page view. So I'm loading ALL of the sidebar advertising again and again with each page view.

I only need to see that sidebar advertising once per day. Can't the sidebar advertising be loaded one time with my first page view, so that on subsequent page views only the user content downloads????? That would really save me a lot of bandwidth and would also allow pages to load MUCH FASTER.

Anybody accessing the internet while on the road thru their phone or via satellite will have the same problem. So please don't think I'm alone on this issue.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:31 AM   #1391
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnside Bob View Post

Why I am really writing is the sidebar advertising. I have popup blockers and the popups don't come up even once. But the sidebar advertising??? Whew!! Every page view, and the page is locked until they all load.

To explain, I live in a rural area and have no choice but to use satellite internet, which is capped, expensive, and slow. It appears that the sidebar advertising reloads with each Air Forums page view. So I'm loading ALL of the sidebar advertising again and again with each page view.

Thanks in advance for your consideration.
There is an option in your profile to disable the right side bar
>usercp >>edit options

There is also an option to disable many ads for supporting members.

AirForums Custom Search
Old 07-13-2016, 03:22 PM   #1392
4 Rivet Member

2009 25' FB Flying Cloud
1973 31' Sovereign
Mt Angel , Oregon
Thank You Janet

Thank you Janet for pointing me to that setting re the side bar. I've jumped over there and made the change.

Just to be clear, I don't mind seeing the adds one time. I do buy from some of the advertisers and I do like seeing new things. I just don't need to download the adds every page given my internet situation.

I don't understand the programming for web page views, but long long ago some web pages were done with "frames"--the page was divided into rectangles inside which different content was displayed. I would be good with a format which downloaded everything on the first page view, and then, on subsequent page views, only the thread specific content was down loaded and inserted into the page frame or template downloaded with the first page.

That way advertisers could be assured their content was being seen, my page loads would be tons faster, and I wouldn't run thru my monthly stipend of bits so quickly.

Thank you for your fast response.

"To err is human, to air is devine."
Burnside Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:15 AM   #1393
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Yup. It sometimes costs a lot to inconvenience electrons and break links...

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #1394
in the rising sun toaster

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
Wimberley , Texas
I'm also rural and Internet bandwidth is at a premium. I use an iPad mini. Using a (frequently updated) adblocker app (free AdGuard) *and also* explicitly setting Air Forums to Mobile device view (User CP | Edit Options...) has eliminated all ads except the footer ones, the bottom-most "You may also like" ads..
rsjmcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #1395
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
I'm also a supporting member and on my desktop machine for the most part I only get the ads at the bottom. However on my phone I'm still getting the ads in the middle of the comments. No I'm not using the mobile App as I find them annoyingly lacking.

I tried Janet's advice but could not find the option to "turn off" many of the ads in user settings.

I thought when I became a supporting member years ago the ads would be eliminated. I find it really annoying that a person can't even pay to stop getting bombarded with ads.

LIke many others I'm on fixed bandwidth at home and when I travel. To have to pay to download an ad that I thought I had already paid to eliminate is infuriating. Just goes to show that greed trumps everything.

It also just so happens that companies like Microsoft now use up a chunk of my bandwidth each month due to their forced update system.

This month I'm over on my bandwidth allotment on my phone and home internet so I have the privilege of paying even more for sites like Airforums and companies like Microsoft.

Pure greed at its finest....
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:31 AM   #1396
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
If you are a Supporting Member, go to Edit Options in your User CP, and scroll all the way to the bottom under Miscellaneous Options... you will find buttons to turn on/off ads, etc.

Mine are all "off".

Maggie
Old 10-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #1397
Rivet Master

1974 20' Argosy 20
Richmond , Kentucky
Maggie, it would appear a few more disable options were made available since the last time I checked (or I'm not very observant!). I now have everything disabled. We'll see how that works.

Thanks!

Brad
1974 31' Excella trailer (parting out, as of 4/1/2015 I have wheels & windows left to sell)
bkahler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 PM   #1398
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Janet

I am trying to donate $20 so I can post photos. I seem to be caught is a "do loop". Can you please help me.

Thanks, Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #1399
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Janet

I finally figured it out- that I have to fill in the amount so it will show up in dark blue.

Sorry to bother you.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #1400
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Earlier today I was trying to re-up my contributing membership. I'm thinking I did not do something to complete and just to make sure I haven't contributed multiples could you please tell me what my current membership status is. If the process did not go through I will go back and try to complete it. I see the "Non refundable" note and want to be sure I haven't completed the process more than one time. ThanX

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air stickers