Old 03-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #155
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by micsupply
... if thousands of my customers made their own shirts with my company's logos on them there would be thousands of people wearing a shirt with my company's logo or websites names on them. that could be disastrous for my businesses...i think.

Defies logic sometimes, doesn't it? I believe current advertising strategy is to persuade thousands of people to pay large sums of money for the privilege of advertising your product.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #156
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRanger
Defies logic sometimes, doesn't it? I believe current advertising strategy is to persuade thousands of people to pay large sums of money for the privilege of advertising your product.
there will be no shortage of conversation around the campfire next weekend at the cherry blossom rally. now i just need to figure out what i'll be allowed to wear without getting arrested.

Old 03-29-2006, 05:52 AM   #157
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
I understand that Andy is working under the agreement that he made with the folks at Thor, but 2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?

Richard

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #158
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster
I understand that Andy is working under the agreement that he made with the folks at Thor, but 2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?
besides the custom embroidered hats that they make at the mall, i would have to defer to the airstream.com site. they have nice hats there.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #159
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
It's not the $15 hat that will get you. It's the $50 per year licensing agreement so that you can wear it legally. You'll have to comply to all the standard Mark and Trade Dress requirements. Any gathering outside of your home wearing said hat shall inure to the full benefit of Thor.

__
TOO FUNNY! you forgot to mention that face needs to be clean shaven and hair neatly trimmed. i'm surprised they don't require photo proof before making purchase of any airstream wear. G-d forbid an unsightly character (like me) could be seen wearing an Airstream logo. that would be detrimental to the company's image that is so closely protected and could effect the value of Thor's stock price.

I can see it now...Dirty hippy seen wear Airstream polo shirt at passedoutwookies.com - Thor's shares plunge in after hour trading on the news. company loses twenty percent market valuation in one day.

Thor company officials attempt to downplay the news by stating that "the shirt was not an official santioned Airstream garment, but some illegal home made t-shirt. Nontheless, they plan to recall all know garments (and travel mugs) in the marketplace. Quote from CEO states "we have our corporate image to protect".

It was also announced that the VP of Merchandising has resigned - citing she wants to spend more time camping with the family. Officials insist the turnover in that position is unrelated and that they are not looking to fill the merchandising position any time soon.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #160
_

. , .
Quote:
2air still needs a new hat. Any suggestions?
65gt|micsupply......

hey are you 2 off your meds?......
though i am looking for an air'hippy rally for this year.....
any suggestions....and not burning man......

i think az' was looking for hat suggestions to replace my green one....
something like this?

cheers
2air'

i sure hope someone received their stickers today....and gets this thread back near normal....
Attached Images

Old 04-04-2006, 09:13 AM   #161
3 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Fort Myers , Florida
Send a message via AIM to JeepinAudiophile Send a message via Yahoo to JeepinAudiophile
Few questions.... What's the general wait time to recieve these wonderful stickers? Also can we order extra stickers?

WBCCI # 13657
++Take a look at my restoration photo album++
http://picasaweb.google.com/ChadsAirstream
JeepinAudiophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #162
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I also would like to order two Air head hats with my additional stickers.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 09:28 AM   #163

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinAudiophile
Few questions.... What's the general wait time to recieve these wonderful stickers? Also can we order extra stickers?
Andy and I are attempting to set up a regular schedule on shipments. As soon as we get that set up, we will let you know. As for now, I know he is working up another order set for me. Once I get the names and addresses, I usually will have the decals in the mail within 5 days or less.

Andy is also working up some pricing to allow contributors to obtain additional decals. For those of you contributing for the first time, make sure your name and address is current in the forum registration. Unfortunately I cannot access the Paypal records so mailing stickers are generated from forum info. Some folks orders were delayed due to no address in our records or fictious addresses.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #164
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Just don't use this Forum to market or trade merchandise that has the Airstream name, unless Airstream has given approval. Airstream is a bit sensitive about this. What you make and email about is none of this forum's business.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 04-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #165
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action
Just don't use this Forum to market or trade merchandise that has the Airstream name, unless Airstream has given approval. Airstream is a bit sensitive about this. What you make and email about is none of this forum's business.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Oh no! It is all now so clear! I just realized that this means that when the time comes I can never sell my Airstream (at least not here), because it has the word . . . Airstream . . . on it. It'll compete with new Airstreams in the market and that is not allowed. I guess once an Airstream Owner, always an Airstream owner! As a side benefit we can close down the "Classifieds" section of the Forum's, 'cause there's no more need for it!
WBCCI/VAC #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #166
SqurlGurl

1977 31' Excella 500
Bozman , Maryland
I am feeling enhanced.

(\__/) (((( ))))
/O O ./ ((( ))))
{O__, \ (( )))
/ . . ) \ )))))
|-| '-' \ (()
.( _( )_.'
'---.~_ _

squrlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:52 AM   #167
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Drama, just what we need is more drama

Actually Joe that has already been cleared. And we are good to go on that.

However, unless you are buying, I really don't recommend selling your bullet. Think of all the fun you would miss. Not to mention the repairs, maintence and association meetings.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Action
Old 04-05-2006, 09:27 AM   #168
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by squrlgurl
I am feeling enhanced.
Is it the premium account or is it an herbal enhancement? Is this for men and women?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air stickers