Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
A message from your hosts...

I founded this site over a decade ago as place where Airstream enthusiasts can talk shop about their beloved Airstreams. I had aluminum fever and there were only two places to chat, a Yahoo Group and forum on Airstream Central that was lacking essential features like ability to have attachments. The primary reason for starting the site was technical, I wanted to get answers to my restoration questions and figured other did as well.

Luckily some amazing members volunteered to help guide the community and foster an ambiance that we feel most will enjoy. Recently there have been rumblings that our team has become too strict and closing too many discussions. I want everyone to know the feedback was noted and we will keep this in mind as we move forward.

When we manage this forum community, I feel it's a lot like hosting a gathering of friends at our home. Friends don't always agree on everything or even on most things. They can agree to disagree. When that happens, they try to keep their discussions respectful or more often they just spend their time on other topics. They don't take every opportunity to express their disagreement, incite argument, or fan flames. When they are incapable of avoiding this sort of thing, they become much more disruptive than welcome.

Most of us, while we welcome perspectives on all sides of any issue, would not invite a frequently and apparently intentionally disruptive or rude person to a gathering of friends at our homes, nor to any other gathering of friends that they are hosting.

I would encourage everyone to take a moment to reach our Community Rules. Our team works very hard to try and guide the community the best we can in hopes of fostering a fun and collegial atmosphere. Sometimes people join and they simply don't like rules and feel the community would be better served without any moderation at all. In an ideal world, maybe, but unfortunately our experience does not support that theory.

Managing an online community where millions of posts are made by tens of thousands of people is an imperfect art. We try our best to make the right decision in hopes of fostering a nice community. I think we do a pretty darn good job and hope that most of you do as well.

Thanks for stopping by our virtual gathering and for following our Community Rules while you are here!
Closed Thread