Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Los Angleles , California
4 Airstreams needed - Sept 28 - NYC

Hello!
I am a set designer, working on an event for GQ magazine in collaboration with The Gap. We are having a party to celebrate 4 young designers at Crown Victoria in Williamsburg Brooklyn. We need 4 airstreams to be on the back patio in which we will display the designers clothing. Each designer will get their own airstream. We need the airstreams from 3PM-Midnight on September 28, 2015. I have a budget of $2,000 per trailer.

Please contact me if you have a trailer (or three trailers!) available for this kind of event.

My contact info:
julietjernigan@me.com

Additionally:
I am only interested in silver airstreams, ideally around 16FT Long. Please send pictures of interior and exterior. We do not need to use the facilities for this occasion.
julietjernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Welcome to the Forums!

I don't have a trailer anywhere near New York, but I thought I would offer you some food for thought, just in case...

The size of trailer you are looking for is very much on the small end of the trailer spectrum. The smaller the trailer is, the more crowded the stuff (beds, galley, bathroom, storage, etc.) has to be packed in there to make it a functional camper. It is hard to imagine there would be enough room left for much of a display, or much of an audience. It soulds like what you really want are trailers that have had the entire interior removed (gutted). In this case maybe some of the professional restorers in your area may have some inventory on hand that could be of use.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I'm surprised you aren't just contacting an Airstream dealer or even the company headquarters in Jackson Center, Ohio. Both Airstream and their dealers like to advertise, and providing the trailers for a modest fee plus promotional consideration in a major magazine like GQ— "Airstream trailers provided by…" on the photo credits— seems like something they'd be happy to consider. Logistically it would also be a lot easier to get four trailers from the same source than to get four trailers from four sources.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
email sent.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:14 AM   #5

email sent
Blauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #6

Currently Looking...
Los Angleles , California
Thank you all for this info. I have reached out to the corporate offices, and no one has responded. The closest dealer is in NJ and they can only offer 2 trailers. However, I appreciate all the advice and insight. I am still looking for trailers, thank you to those that have emailed. We are working our way through it!
julietjernig is offline   Reply With Quote