Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

need '68 Caravel both bed measurements

Hi all:
We are trying to get mattress pads w/ fitted sheets for the front and side beds in our 68 Caravel. I had a devil of a time creating a paper template for the front area and the company we were using (not now though) after requesting we do a template and measure, flat-out refused to do the pads once they saw the measurements soooo, I have another company lined up and want to confirm my amateur attempts.
The side (kitchen) is easy as it's a straight rectangle but that front area - in my mind, is a cone-shaped oblong with rounded corners. I have been to most of the suggested sites but none seem to have specific inch-diagrams for the bed areas. If anyone has done this I would be endlessly grateful. Airstream no longer has the bed/mattress templates either - I just e-mailed with them this week. We are setting out on vacation in a few months and really want to get our mattress pads done We're hoping to use a 1 1/2 - 2-inch foam-type fill covered in sheet type material and elasticized corners just like on a bottom sheet in a regular bed that would enclose our "day cushions" which are 5 inches thick. Seems so simple till you try it. Thanks for any help - we sure need it.
Sue & Marc
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel