Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Caravel > 1966-68 Caravel
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
College Station , Texas
Like this Caravel renovation

Just curious what you all think if this renovation, dining where gaucho is-but I don't see a back to one seat. Don't like the cushions but like cabinets, wood floor (or laminate) and like bead board-always have. Wonder how much heavier it is. I want to feel like I'm in a cabin.

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...ct=15792&cat=6
jerbear315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #2

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Looks like that table will drop down and the cushions towards the black slide in to make it a bed again. You're right, it looks like the forward table seat doesn't get a backrest! I think the cabinetry and the countertop is lovely. Beadboard is pretty light, I would think the addition of it is negligible, and it looks very stylish. Looks like a pretty nice trailer, to me.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
College Station , Texas
cute Caravel for sale/bathroom painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
Looks like that table will drop down and the cushions towards the black slide in to make it a bed again. You're right, it looks like the forward table seat doesn't get a backrest! I think the cabinetry and the countertop is lovely. Beadboard is pretty light, I would think the addition of it is negligible, and it looks very stylish. Looks like a pretty nice trailer, to me.
I almost prefer the dining there, as opposed to your slanted dining concept. I'll tell you why; I am kind of quirky about like symmetry and 90 degree angles!

I think you could put a groove in the forward seat and you could remove or slide in a back rest. I like the concept of the dining close to the kitchen.

I almost wish I could sell ours as is and buy this one finished. We will end up putting more than 11 grand into ours since we bought it for 7900$ and needs so much work. I guess I am realizing that my husband and I are going to butt heads at every turn in this renovation. My husband informed me this a.m. that he had no intention of pulling out the bathroom shell to fix the ABS from the bottom and spray paint. He thinks we can put some kind of caulk in the cracks and sand it and paint just the bottom half and leave the top half light mint green. YUCK.

I thought everyone did the bathroom that way?

And I used to think we had all the same taste and liked the same things... hhhmmm.

Jerri
jerbear315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Oh no! Don't let it make you question your relationship! LOL

This does look like a really nice trailer. Of course, you never know until you get in it and poke around. But I'll agree, I have more than $11k into mine as well. That doesn't seem like a bad price, and I'm sure it's negotiable. And it's a good time of year to move your Caravel along to someone else who's up for a bigger project.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel