Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
aproned dad

1968 17' Caravel
Carmichael , California
1968 Caravel for sale

http://www.airstreamclassifieds.com/...p?product=5768

Thanks for allowing me to post it here, and sorry I haven't been contributing more to the forum. I feel like a drop-out, but hopefully one day we'll be returning.

Happy trails to you all!

Ricky

Old 06-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingwesty View Post
Airstream Trailer & Motorhome Classifieds - 1968 Airstream Caravel, 17ft - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Thanks for allowing me to post it here, and sorry I haven't been contributing more to the forum. I feel like a drop-out, but hopefully one day we'll be returning.

Happy trails to you all!

Ricky
From your photo's, it appears that you axle is gone.

Also, please be advised that the 1968 and older Caravels and Bambi's have spindles that fail about once a week. They usually fail due to fatique cracking, since they are small in size.

Sorry.

aNDY

Old 06-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
aproned dad

1968 17' Caravel
Carmichael , California
Ah.

So are you buying the Caravel from me, Andy, as a dealer? Why are you "sorry"?? Either that is just rhetorical sentiment or you want to help put one in for me for free? It's ok though, not looking for an answer from you, as my question to you really is just rhetorical.

From our personal experiences the travelling went smooth, perhaps you're right, perhaps you are not. Maybe I will price out a replacement axle, if say I don't sleep well tonight with this in the back of my mind, and decided to take her to some place for an inspection, and found the replacement is in order. Then I'll price out the differences and keep that number instead. Or even fix up the broken copper pipe that I feel terrible about.

We have had her for a while. She's just getting further pushed back each year with kids' getting more involved with stuff. Sooner or later she'll find a new family to be with, and we'll be happy for that day.

Any more response, Andy, PM is ok. Or email me if you are interested. And thanks anyway for the expertise.

Ricky
Old 06-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingwesty View Post
Ah.

So are you buying the Caravel from me, Andy, as a dealer? Why are you "sorry"?? Either that is just rhetorical sentiment or you want to help put one in for me for free? It's ok though, not looking for an answer from you, as my question to you really is just rhetorical.

From our personal experiences the travelling went smooth, perhaps you're right, perhaps you are not. Maybe I will price out a replacement axle, if say I don't sleep well tonight with this in the back of my mind, and decided to take her to some place for an inspection, and found the replacement is in order. Then I'll price out the differences and keep that number instead. Or even fix up the broken copper pipe that I feel terrible about.

We have had her for a while. She's just getting further pushed back each year with kids' getting more involved with stuff. Sooner or later she'll find a new family to be with, and we'll be happy for that day.

Any more response, Andy, PM is ok. Or email me if you are interested. And thanks anyway for the expertise.

Ricky

Ricky.

I thought you should know, in case a buyer brings it up.

You don't need anyone to check your axle.

You can check your axle out yourself, by reading the following.

Dura Torque Axle

Sorry your leaving Airstreaming. Perhaps it might be for just a little while.

Andy

Tags
1968, caravel