Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Link Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2004, 11:52 AM   #1
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
New Forum!

Have you looked at the WBCCI homepage lately?
If you have, then you seen that there is a new Forum.

Go to www.wbcci.org and you will see the link to the "Forum".

Obviously this is new and there are very few members at this time.

I know there are plenty of WBCCI member here that may enjoy it. Maybe even some non members. I dont think you have to be a member of the WBCCI to join. And like this forum, it is free

Smily
Old 01-20-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Man o man, wait'll the old lady finds out I joined another forum

Aaron
Old 01-20-2004, 01:41 PM   #3
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Another trailering forum? Great - when's chat night? I'll have to try to get this worked into my weekly routine. Ha

FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:07 AM   #4
qqq
4 Rivet Member

Question

I hope it won't dilute the content of this Forum & draw people away.

Hart
Old 01-21-2004, 09:30 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1954 22' Safari
Deerfield , Illinois
Send a message via AIM to bredlo
I tend to agree, QQQ. From a democratic point of view, I believe competition is healthy in almost every case, and forces all players to deliver the best features and usability they can.

But from a selfish point of view, I don't want 5, 6, or 7 separate forums to search each time I need knowledge about something Airstream related. I already have to do that with Macintosh related questions whenever I have a problem. iPod battery life? MacCentral, Apple support, iPodlounge, and a million others may have the answer, I'll never know because I don't have a month to scour them all. It's fantastic when there's one or two major resources to look for something, and once you've been there, you don't need to waste your life wondering if you've missed a valuable differing opinion, or alternate conclusion, elsewhere.

But I'm not too concerned that dozens of forums will be able to compete for this particular segment's attention.

Look at the aesthetically pleasing, wonderfully functioning and couldn't-be-simpler-URL forum at Airstream.com that have been up since July '03. Based on the trickle of 3 or 4 new posts a day over there, I don't think airstreamforums.com needs to lose sleep over competition. (I'm sure they wouldn't anyhow, this obviously ain't about making money.) Besides the Patterson archives, the site we're at right now appears to be the greatest assembleage of information regarding silver bullets anywhere in the world, internet or otherwise.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #6
5 rivets, 1 loose screw

1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by qqq
I hope it won't dilute the content of this Forum & draw people away.

Hart
I really don't think it will have any impact on this forum any moreso than the Airstreamer forum. They are all good and the more the merrier but when I really need trusted advice on my AS, I use this forum.
over 3,000 members and growing speaks loudly of the quality and quantity of info here.
Actually I find it comforting to have multiple sources of info sharing for Airstream devotees like myself.

Rog
Old 01-21-2004, 09:52 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

New Forum

This is bv far the best of the AS-related forums (believe me I have trieds them all). The knowledge base here is far beyond what is offered on any of the other sites with active participants and Andy @ Inland offering great advice.

Montanaandy