Old 09-19-2004, 04:59 PM   #1

Airstream Rent in Europe ( Netherlands)

I hope you'll appreciate the initiative. We want to promote Airstreams on the road here in Europe. As of Oct 10th 2005 we will have a rental fleet of 5 Airstreams, which adventurous people, most likely families, but who over 55 dares? can rent to have the most exciting and luxerious vacation in their live time.

Remember you do not see Airstreams on the road here !! Think about the idea that you have a shining aluminium caravan behind the BLACK Jeep Grand Cherokee (which comes with the package)

A lot of work needs to be done, we have the support from Daimler Chrysler, but need to get the BAMBI's ROAD LEGAL in Germany, where the authorities (the TUV) are willing to work with us. A lot of modification to the running gear and brakes needs to be executed. We will succeed !!!

I hope to be able to keep you'll informed check regularly the site: www.airstream-rent.com

and email to: info@airstream-rent.com

Old 09-20-2004, 12:32 AM   #2
qqq
4 Rivet Member

Welcome to the Forum!
Great project, I am sure it will make people want to buy them at the end of the rental

Ron

ps: an English version of your site would help

Old 09-20-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/s-rent
A lot of work needs to be done, we have the support from Daimler Chrysler, but need to get the BAMBI's ROAD LEGAL in Germany, where the authorities (the TUV) are willing to work with us. A lot of modification to the running gear and brakes needs to be executed. We will succeed !!!

and email to: info@airstream-rent.com
Hi there,

sounds great to me, this way I might make the "aluminum experience" without finishing the restauration work.
One question, though:
Why do you have to meet german standards (TUV - surge brakes etc.) in NL?
AFAIK Remco (forum member) is towing with unmodified electric brakes - maybe because of the age of (his "historic") trailer ?!

Good luck with your project and keep us updated (in english please)

Martin
Old 09-20-2004, 03:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Talking

Quote:
"which adventurous people, most likely families, but who over 55 dares? can rent to have the most exciting and luxerious vacation in their live time."
I confess to being one who is "over 55", and who spends his free time rock-climbing on big cliffs, and sea-kayaking, often with other "over 55"'s. I shall continue to build up my courage by eskimo-rolling my kayak in rough water, and making difficult moves on high rock faces, so that one day I may dare to pull a trailer behind a Jeep.
Nick
Old 09-20-2004, 04:22 AM   #5
pezz

1982 34' Limited
mire poix , midi pyrenees
Nice Idea

Nice idea
thought of this ?do you need a special licence in the USAto pull a trailer?in europe in (france anyway )you need one .can you just come over to europe and tow any thing? I don't know? any how if any one hires one pop in to our airstream trailer park in france,you'll love it .We had a great time this summer with all the airstream owner's here.
bye for now
perry
just dream airstream........
Old 09-20-2004, 04:57 AM   #6
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Exclamation USA...the land of Freedom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Nice idea
thought of this ?do you need a special licence in the USAto pull a trailer?...bye for now
perry
just dream airstream........
Perry,
Unfortunately no (IMHO) In fact you can buy a 45' motorhome with airbrakes, and as long as you have a valid drivers liscense you can hop in and take to the roads with no additional training or testing. I have always wondered what would happen if we ever went to the European style of driver training in this country? I have a feeling that probably 60% of the drivers on the road, wouldn't be on the road. Another problem here is the extreme distances involved and the lack of decent mass transit outside of the major metropoliton areas. But that is a whole 'nother issue.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
Old 09-20-2004, 07:40 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Wonderful idea and great plans to execute.

One thought after reading your post and looking at your website is that you better have contacted the factory (if you haven't already) and get licensened if you are going to use the name, use their stock photos of their products and any other trademark, patent or copywrited material that is owned by the company. I have heard and have seen them vigorously pursue anyone that uses these without permission and have seen websites actually shut down for infringment.
Old 09-21-2004, 04:23 PM   #8

over 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcrowhurst
I confess to being one who is "over 55", and who spends his free time rock-climbing on big cliffs, and sea-kayaking, often with other "over 55"'s. I shall continue to build up my courage by eskimo-rolling my kayak in rough water, and making difficult moves on high rock faces, so that one day I may dare to pull a trailer behind a Jeep.
Nick
Whoh, we need to do a lot of market research again. If this is true (show pictures please) we are missing the baby boom generation in this inititiative. I will certainly be convinced (after pictures of you bungee jumping- swimming up the nagara falls, sky diving and baking your own bread). The text will read as follows " over 75 and not in currently planning to participate in rock climbing BIG cliffs, sea kayaking, Eskimo Rolling, rough water overlooking and in posession of a valid Drivers license ( no offence)
Old 09-21-2004, 06:12 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
Smile

What a great Idea!

Glad to see Airstreams will be travelling more frequently through Europe. Seems that after Wally's departure to better roads not many other Americans have ventured to take their AS overseas.

What is most unfortunate is that such a wonderful idea is being processed and executed by people who simply love this Americana Masterpiece, while no one here has succesfully created a similar experience for the US market.

Who knows maybe your initiative will inspire someone and renting an AS in the US will no longer be a dream.

We have looked into taking our AS to Italy but the costs and damage dangers are too high. Can't wait to be able to visit the family in a beautiful Bambi!!

Keep us posted & all the best!