Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Summerfield , North Carolina
Tradewind owners - my request...

Hi, I'm refurbishing the interior of my 1972 Trade Wind. In my over-zealousness I removed the front interior cap which supports my top window curtain tracks (the kind that use the double roller curtain carriers) without measuring the distance between the top and bottom tracks. Anyway, I'm having curtains made and need to get the distance dimensions of these Trade Wind curtain tracks (not the front windows - just the tracks. I need the distance from the top track to the bottom track so we can figure out exactly where to put the new curtain carriers during the curtain-making process.

If anyone can give me this information I'd appreciate it very much!. Thanks in advance!
todanielm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #2

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by todanielm View Post
Hi, I'm refurbishing the interior of my 1972 Trade Wind. In my over-zealousness I removed the front interior cap which supports my top window curtain tracks (the kind that use the double roller curtain carriers) without measuring the distance between the top and bottom tracks. Anyway, I'm having curtains made and need to get the distance dimensions of these Trade Wind curtain tracks (not the front windows - just the tracks. I need the distance from the top track to the bottom track so we can figure out exactly where to put the new curtain carriers during the curtain-making process.

If anyone can give me this information I'd appreciate it very much!. Thanks in advance!

I thought I might be able to help you out..I went out there with camera and tape measure... but i have removed the lower track. Sorry
Janie
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Summerfield , North Carolina
Hi Janie, thanks for your efforts. Actually, if your top track is still connected you could measure from the its middle to the top screw hold for your bottom track. Daniel
todanielm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #4

1972 25' Tradewind
Hammond , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by todanielm View Post
Hi Janie, thanks for your efforts. Actually, if your top track is still connected you could measure from the its middle to the top screw hold for your bottom track. Daniel

I measured from the bottom of the "top rail lip" to the top of the lower track screw hole. 25" (Might be 1/16" less than 25")
I hope this helps
Janie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080373.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	188.2 KB
ID:	102550  
Janie Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind