Old 05-30-2010, 08:23 AM   #15
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Tradewind
Waskesiu Lake , Saskatchewan
Great looking trailer for 34 years old! Dusty yes, but should clean up nice! Just don't use a pressure washer on it!

Pressure washers can disturb the sealant between the aluminum panels and give you a whole new set of leaks!

1977 25' Tradewind (with two ... three... FOUR dogs)
2011 Ram 1500 Quad cab, 5.7 Hemi, tow pkg.
kevin242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
Well, I finally took some pics of the inside of my Trade Wind.

The screen door is missing the sliding panel.

These wires are from a poorly installed radio. The table is not too bad, but I don't like it.
Both items will definitely go.

The ubiquitous cloudy Vista-Views.

The sink and range unit has a broken tambor door and the oven door handle is not original. A microwave has been added...it will go away.

The end caps are missing from both overhead bins.

I guess these galley walls were covered in the same off-white woven-look vinyl as the divider curtain.
Some of it is still under the sink and it appears to be torn away at the lower corner.

The twin bed area seems to be in good, original shape.

Everything is pretty dirty, but nothing looks abused - just used, tired and musty.
I'm not sure, but from pics in the service manual the carpet looks like it may even be original. It needs to go for sure.
I kind of like that the front sofa and bedspreads are original. Gold velour...can't get much more '70's than that!

David

ScoobyShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:11 PM   #17
4 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
St. Albans , Vermont
Congratulations! I love the size of Tradewinds...and those Vista view windows are cool!
2vets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
My Trade Wind has a Carefree awning.

I had no idea how this thing worked, but thanks to the instruction manual posted by Kevin 245 in the Awnings section, I do now. Thanks Kev!

David
Old 07-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #19
Aluminum Rookie

1974 25' Tradewind
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Welcome!! Your Trade wind looks pretty straight! Bought My 74 last October and it is in a few pieces now! Finished painting the interior and installed a 1/4 of the new floor and finished off the new kitchen plumbing. I will be adding pictures this week.
chefmardigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
1972 23' Safari
Houston , Texas
Nice trailer, gotta love the harvest gold carpet. Put new axles, shocks on mine last week. You will learn everything about it in time. The service manuals are invaluable for tracking down all aspects of these 70s trailers
RichHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:53 AM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Bedford , Texas
Got any interior pics???
chronoboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:58 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

1971 23' Safari
Bedford , Texas
Sorry I did not see those Nevermind
chronoboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
Hey 2vets, chef, Rich and chrono-

Thanks for giving my old TW the once over!

Rich, I hear you on the service manual...invaluable! I just bought one from MisterMike...he's a super guy!

As for the interior of this Spirit of '76 Time Machine, I go back and forth on how I envision the way I would want to redo it.

Sometimes, when I look at some of the fantastically clean, up-to-date interior revamps that various people have done on here, I naturally think that that is what I want...how could I not...they're beautiful!

But then again, I don't really think I want to completely alter the look of how Airstream originally trimmed out my trailer back in 1976.

I am a big fan of the '70's...my cars are big, proud '70's GM luxocruisers, and I am kind of thinking that the inside of my Trade Wind should retain it's unabashed '70's style...
original gold velour and new, original-style sculptured shag carpeting, vinyl woodgrain...original-style drapes...Dishmaster...AM/FM 8-track Multiplex...the works!

"Can you dig it?"

I might even get an Amana Radarange!

Ok, that might be going a little far, but I still think it will be fun to embrace the "Spirit of '76" rather that erase it.

One thing is for sure, no matter what I do to this thing, it's going to be clean and fresh, inside and out.

Just thinking it all over...I haven't even picked the dang thing up yet!

David
Old 06-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1976 25' Tradewind
Dallas , Texas
I thought I would catch you all up on what I've been doing with my Trade Wind since I last posted back in 2010...not a whole hell of a lot! It hasn't moved an inch! But it's been protected from the elements and hasn't been vandalized, stolen or turned into a meth lab by the locals, so it's all still good. I putter on it, fixing this and that, sometimes I will spend the night in it and pretend I'm camping...it's all pretty pathetic.

I bought a vintage tow vehicle for my '76 TW, a 1977 F-350 SuperCab Camper Special. It is in really incredible original condition, much like my Airstream, never abused, obviously cared for most all of it's existence. Top of the line, loaded with everything possible, a one ton with the Camper Special package that contains all heavy-duty towing equipment. Just like my Trade Wind, it needs attention and some money thrown at it, but it is so good already that it won't take much.

Yeah, I'm kind of embarrassed that I've been moving so slow on getting this whole rig on the road, but I have all of the pieces of this jigsaw puzzle, I just have to put it all together. I never give up on my dreams, but I also never rush through them. Everything in due time. I'm very much the tortoise.

David
Old 07-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1978 25' Tradewind
Metro Phoenix , Arizona
Awesome acquisitions! Congratulations!!
Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1967 17' Caravel
Northborough , Massachusetts
Looks solid

Looks pretty good for its age. You may be able to use it for a season or 2 to really get a feel for things that are not quite right. I didn't see any serious rust or corrosion in the visible underside. If it has been stored out of the weather then you may not have any serious hidden rot issues either. Happy camping!!!

Chuck

cwbiii is offline   Reply With Quote