Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
SSOLID

1972 25' Tradewind
Fayetteville , Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to ssolid Send a message via Yahoo to ssolid
Generator Question?

I have a 72 25'er with the original AC unit (I think). I have been looking at generators (Honda and Yamaha) and I am not sure how many watts I need to get. I really like the little Honda 2000 sinceitis small and light but when I was at Yellowstone there the family next to me had a Yamaha 3000ei and it was so quiet I didn't even know it was running.

Any help would be appreciated since I have no clue.

Steve
ssolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:51 PM   #2
SSOLID

1972 25' Tradewind
Fayetteville , Tennessee
Send a message via MSN to ssolid Send a message via Yahoo to ssolid
Generators?

I have a 1972 Trade Wind 25'er with the original AC unit (I think). I have been looking at generators (Honda and Yamaha) and I am not sure how many watts I need to get. I really like the little Honda 2000 sinceitis small and light but when I was at Yellowstone there the family next to me had a Yamaha 3000ei and it was so quiet I didn't even know it was running.

Any help would be appreciated since I have no clue.

Steve
ssolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 10:47 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1964 19' Globetrotter
Centerville , Utah
Steve,
Good rule of thumb from what I can tell: If you're planning on running the air conditioner extensively, or using a microwave and lights or other small appliances at the same time, you'll need at least a 3000 watt generator, or 2 Honda 2000's in series, to handle the load. I just bought the Yamaha 3000iSEB...but plan on spending many hot nights in Southern Utah, popping microwave popcorn and watching movies in a cool trailer! There is much said about generators on this forum. Dive in and discover! Good luck!
Old 11-06-2004, 04:48 AM   #4
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
If you run a search here on Honda generator you will find a ton if info. But it boils down to the fact that one EU2000 will not run your AC. You can get 2 and tie them together to do the job.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote