Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Tradewind > 1970-79 Tradewind
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-13-2016, 11:45 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
Reno , Nevada
Central Control Panel on a 73

This is my first trailer ever (other than a small 4x4 trailer with a roof top tent attached). My ex-father in law always had a trailer and I've helped him here and there. I'm a fairly good wrench and am comfortable working on electricy amd electronics. I like things to work and when it comes to the cool looking control panel in the Tradewind it isnt.. I'm slowly working through it though. Battery meter does work but inaccurate, shows low fair battery with 12.5vdc on the battery. New battery full charge load tested good still only shows mid to upper 1/3 fair. Ammeter doesn't seem to do much, in fact the needle starts to move whenever my finger gets close to it. Must be my magnetic personality. I've looked online for replacements but haven't had any luck.
For water level I was only getting 1/4 tank when full and nothing showing when empty. Found the wires under the sink disconnected. Connected them and voila the panel lights up. Haven't touched the black water tank yet as I need to replace the thetford valve. Oh and the temperature gauge works well.

So my question... is there a replacement that is a drop in for these old girls? Anything that may be updated but still vintage looking? I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. Not opposed to digital but would prefer analog.

Thanks
2007 GMC 2500 HD SLE Classic Crew Cab Duramax
DiHrdBowTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Your control panel is about par. Never heard of an available replacement. A few people with more time than myself have made their own. The old one is pretty cool looking though.