Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Portland , Oregon
Hey Alana,

It looks from your photos that you worked with a dealer for your purchase -- would you mind commenting on the experience? I am looking to buy a mid 60s-70s AS come April, and have been investigating Craigslist as well as dealers in my area (Portland, OR), but I have some trepidation either way. I would also be keen to know the asking price vs. purchase price but no problem if you'd rather not say.

Also, I love your Pinterest board -- a great idea for this undertaking! At the moment my vision is sort of a David Lynch meets Pendleton Woolen Mills... but I can't say for sure until I find my trailer.

I look forward to watching your progress!
CarrieSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Brookfield , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieSue View Post
Hey Alana,

It looks from your photos that you worked with a dealer for your purchase -- would you mind commenting on the experience? I am looking to buy a mid 60s-70s AS come April, and have been investigating Craigslist as well as dealers in my area (Portland, OR), but I have some trepidation either way. I would also be keen to know the asking price vs. purchase price but no problem if you'd rather not say.

Also, I love your Pinterest board -- a great idea for this undertaking! At the moment my vision is sort of a David Lynch meets Pendleton Woolen Mills... but I can't say for sure until I find my trailer.

I look forward to watching your progress!
Hi Carrie Sue!

I'm very interested in seeing what this take on David Lynch / Pendleton shapes up to be.

I didn't buy from a dealer, I purchased from a family who had it for a few years and had done quite a bit of restoration work on the mechanics of it, but not the cosmetics. The kids wanted the parents to be in something more modern so they'd feel better about them being out on the road and then sold the Airstream. Super nice folks.

Seems like a lot of the trailers I see are in your region, so you shouldn't have any problems finding multiple candidates.

Good luck!

-Alana
Old 02-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 Argosy 20
Brookfield , Illinois
Update on the sticky vinyl wall cleaning:

I used straight Greased Lightening with a wheel brush like this one:

The stuff worked like a dream! I had considered painting the walls before, but now I really don't think they need anything. They're pretty good looking now and before they were yellowed and dirty. Now they're almost white and have a nice texture. Hey! Cool!
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
fletcher , North Carolina
I was thinking about repainting my interior, I will try the Greased Lightening and see how it looks first.
Thank you,
Paul
paul z-air is offline   Reply With Quote